Avalon Tapestry II Cruise Review

12 days of heaven in France!

Avalon Tapestry II Cruise Review by gg_galaxy2002

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom with French Balcony

We had a fabulous time. This was my first river cruise and I realy enjoyed the experience.

We spent 4 days in Paris before the cruise and that would of been vacation enough. By the time we boarded the ship I did so much in Paris that I felt I had already been there a week.

Embarkation was a breeze, I checked out of the hotel eiffel siene (really cute and great location) and took a short taxi ride to the Pullman hotel. As soon as I entered the hotel, the staff took my bags to the Avalon piles. Then I had time for a quick jaunt to the Luxembourg gardens which were beautiful! At around 3:30 the busses took us over to the pier to our beautiful ship! The service, crew, food, and room were all fabulous! There is really a difference in the level of service between a big ship and a small ship like the tranquillity II.

The excursions on the cruise were educational and wonderful. All the guides were great and the busses and the organization were top notch. The towns along then seine were all beautiful. Be sure to climb the hill at Les andelyes, half of my family didn't go and regretted it when I said how easy the climb was.

We did two optional excursions to Versailles and honfleur. It was a busy week but I was thrilled with everything. If you want a less busy week, don't get any extra excursions.

Disembarkation was easy too, all you need is a color sticker on your bag, and we waited in the lounge till our group was called.

I would definately take another Avalon cruise, in fact I have 2 more planned!

gg_galaxy2002's Full Rating Summary

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin B 226

We loved our cabin, with the floor to ceiling windows! The bathroom was beautiful and we had plenty of room for all of our clothes!

Paris

We didn't take an excursion, but we ended up staying 5 days in Paris. We visited the Eiffel Tower, took a cruise of the seine, the opera house, the rue de montagrielle (food market area), Luxembourg gardens, scare cour, Montmartre area, tea at the ritz, lunch at cafe de la paix(oldest restaurant in Paris), the louvre, the musee Dorsay, saint chapelle, note dame, and St. Louis. What a blast it all was. I love the metro, 2 euro and u can get anywhere.

Cathedral of Rouen

We had a wonderful city tour, It is so cool. We then had mussels and frites at a place our tour guide recommended, so good. After the tour was over I finished seeing all the sites on my own!

View All 43 Cathedral of Rouen Reviews
Walking Tour

We had a lovely tour of this beautiful city. Our tour guide pointed out a place to get wonderful caramels and then we had free calvados samples at a liquor store. After the tour I got to have real normandy sparkling cider at a cafe, so yummy!

View All 9 Walking Tour Reviews