3. Carnival Sunshine
The Carnival Sunshine was a very pleasant surprise to a jaded cruiser like myself. I have cruised Carnival before and have been very disappointed, but the Sunshine has inspired me to give the line a closer look! The public spaces, the dining options, the overall cleanliness of the ship, and professional, friendly and courteous attitude of staff and crew added up to a very pleasant trip! The ship itself is laid out very well. For a small ship, it never felt crowded, but did offer a variety of public venues for every taste. You could party or relax as you wished. Our group made an excellent purchase of Faster To The Fun, which made boarding and disembarking a breeze, bypassing much longer lines. We had priority access to many features on the ship, including shorter lines for customer services. Well worth the price, I highly recommend this to any potential cruisers on Carnival. Our cabin was available fairly quickly and with Faster To The Fun, our luggage was delivered before we got there! The room, a balcony on the seventh deck, was small, but clean and convenient. We even had a partial view of the bridge, which was fun. The bathroom, while small, was conveniently laid out so that even someone as big as I am did not feel cramped. We visited the spa on the first day, entering the drawing for spa certificates, of course. (One of our group even won a certificate!) During the tour, most of our group signed up to take advantage of the Thermal Suites in the spa, with dry and moist heat. The absolute favorite was the heated chaise lounges, great for relieving aches and pains, and so relaxing! There was a deal offered for access for the entire cruise, if you go, take advantage! The food variety was extensive, suiting every taste from Guy Fieri's Burger Joint to the specialty restaurants, including Italian, steakhouse, and Oriental choices. One of our group has severe food allergies and she was accommodated with ease. The staff was very helpful in navigating the selections available. I loved the Mongolian Wok lunch and the juicy burgers as Guy's Burger Joint. The main dining room selections often offered surprising choices, including escargot and frog's legs appetizers, as well as vegetarian and meat and potato entrees. My favorite entree was a vegetable lasagna, very tasty and gooey with cheese. I wander at night, so finding well-lit areas was a delight. I worked on my crafts, ate pizza at the 24-hour pizzeria, and talked to other early/late birds. I can't say enough good about this trip. The only truly serious complaint I had was the safety drill. One of our girls is handicapped and has trouble standing for long periods of time. The drill lasted for an hour! Unreasonable and a blemish on an otherwise delightful cruise. Carnival Sunshine, find a way to expedite your safety drill or accommodate those who cannot stand so long! Overall, I would tell everyone to enjoy a vacation aboard the Carnival Sunshine, I know I did!

Party or relax, your choice, without feeling crowded!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Fredwina

Fredwina’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 7122
A bit small, but so clean and well-laid out! It was comfortable, even for a large person like myself. The bed was comfortable, the room quiet. The balcony gives a partial view of the bridge, which was fun. You do feel a bit of the rocking of the ship, but we found it comforting, like a mild rocking chair. It lulled us to sleep every night. Michael, our steward, was friendly, professional, and very efficient. Our towel animals were cute, of course!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins