3. Independence of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we wanted to visit the Canary Islands. We liked the boat and our disabled cabin was excellent as was our cabin steward. The waiters also gave good service however we found the food disappointing. For example on one night there was salmon done three different ways with no salmon for the next few nights. Also a honey and orange glazed chicken was served with ordinary gravy. One day our cabin had a terrible smell in it - people in the corridor were holding their noses. We reported it and came back after an hour but it was just as bad. Fortunately a member of staff was going along the corridor, we asked her to smell it and she said that she would have something done. So after about three hours we were able to go into our cabin which from then on had a chemical smell in it. This was difficult for me as I am disabled and need to lie down every so often. Guest services then delivered a beautiful orchid as an apology which I thought very kind. We assumed that it must be artificial as you are not allowed to take plants into the U.K. However on unwrapping it at home we found it to be living!! We found that there was not a lot to do on 'sea days' if you did not like quizzes or bingo, the air craft talks were interesting but not enough of stimulating things like that. Lastly it would be good if you were able to offer disabled excursions. We had to go everywhere by taxi on the islands and put my fold up scooter in the boot. There were a lot of disabled people on the boat and unless they could climb into a coach there was nothing for them.

First cruise with Royal Caribbean

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Carollucas

Carollucas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

See above for smell but room always presented very well.
  Independence of the Seas Deck Plans