My husband and I are in our early 60's and just returned from our second Oceania Cruise in Europe. This was our sixth cruise having been on Royal Carib and Princess to destinations in the Caribbean. Oceania is a much more luxurious and low key experience than the others we've been on. There were only 900 guests. The boat holds 1200. Plus 800 employees. So obviously the service was extremely attentive. If you're looking for late night partying with big splashy shows this is not the cruise line for you. However, the entertainment that they did have was certainly fun and enjoyable. There are no zip lines or fake surfing but there was a concert pianist who was terrific and other offerings we enjoyed. The passengers are mature and hail from all over the globe. We enjoyed sharing our dinners with others we met and especially our dinner at La Reserve. It costs extra but is a very special evening involving a tasting menu and wine pairing. But all the restaurants are excellent. Going to La Reserve is just an extra special treat especially if you are celebrating a big life event such as a milestone birthday or anniversary. The excursions we took with Oceania were very good. Our day in Capri was awesome. I was a bit disappointed with the winery excursion in Sicily. When you go on a bus tour you spend too much time getting on and off the bus and making stops to the rest rooms. This cannot be helped I suppose. Our best day was in Marseilles where we hired an outside company called Provence Connections. We were the only two on the tour. Fabrizzio was our guide and he was awesome. I think hiring a local tour rather than using the ships excursions is probably less expensive and more meaningful and I will do more of that on subsequent voyages. We were in stateroom 7063. Being in the center of the ship is best if you get seasick. But try to be on the 8 or 9th decks. The 7th deck is okay but a bit higher up is preferable. The spa is small but I had the best facial! Expensive but worth it. My husband said his massage was just okay. Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. Very orderly and quick. I LOVED our trip and can't wait to plan my next cruise on Oceania.

Fit for foodies and mature audiences

Marina Cruise Review by richera1

Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. Very orderly and quick.

I LOVED our trip and can't wait to plan my next cruise on Oceania.
richera1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B2 7063
There is a full tub in the bathroom which takes up too much space and no one I spoke to ever uses.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    This was our first time to Barcelona. It is a jaw dropping experience. I was disappointed that we couldn't go inside La Sagrada Familia church but I understand why time wouldn't permit. However, the visit to the Spanish village was not necessary. I would have preferred more time on Montjuic or seeing other Gaudi sights. I think this is one of those cities to book your own driver in. But I have heard you need to buy tickets to La Sagrada Familia on line ahead of time so check into this with whomever you book beforehand.
    View All 249 City Tour Reviews
  • Aix-en-Provence
    OMG our best day. We went to Aix En Provence in the morning, Cassis for the gorgeous view and lunch in town and Notre Dame de Marseille. Fabrizzio was our guide. He was fantastic.
    View All 110 Aix-en-Provence Reviews
  • Monaco (Monte Carlo)
    The port is gorgeous but we went right to the airport. No time to tour sadly.
    View All 484 Monaco (Monte Carlo) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Monaco (Monte Carlo) Cruise Port Review
  • Capri Walking Tour
    This is a long and tiring day but worth every second. We took a ferry to Capri, a bus up the mountain to the chair lift, went up and down the lift, took the funicular (train) back down to the ferry and back to the boat. The island is gorgeous and we got to see it from every angle.
    View All 56 Capri Walking Tour Reviews
  • Culinary Tour
    This was my least favorite tour. The bus was very tight and uncomfortable. The bathroom at the winery was not functioning properly so it took an hour for us to all use it which was deducted from our time at the winery. And there was no tour of this tiny winery or the vineyards. It was merely a tasting with some nice snacks. Seeing the countryside was enjoyable except for the fact that the bus was so uncomfortable. Skip this excursion.
    View All 3 Culinary Tour Reviews
  • Flamenco Show
    The walking tour preceding the drive to the show was great, we had an exceptional tour guide named M. Esther. She was terrific. The Flamenco show was enjoyable as was the drive there through the gorgeous countryside.
    View All 15 Flamenco Show Reviews
  • Rome (Civitavecchia)
    We embarked in Rome so we didn't do anything but head directly to the ship from the airport. HOWEVER, Oceania took it upon themselves to give us a bus tour around Rome before heading to the ship which was awesome!
    View All 2,169 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews