3. Seabourn Sojourn
We have taken several voyages on Regent cruise ships and decided to try what was advertised as comparable to Regent for a Western Mediterranean cruise on Seabourn Sojourn October 2016. The dining experiences were flawless and there was enough liquor offered to float a boat. However, if you are looking for excursion experiences off this ship, which we were, they were lacking. I called the cruise line several times during the planning stage, but they would not reveal their excursions until after we had paid for the entire cruise. For several destinations, there were only 2-3 options for 425 people. Our traveling companions were not able to join several excursions because the destination opprtunities were "sold out." One excursion we booked was cancelled at the last minute, with minimum interest by destination services to find another option for us. And then the service...our suite "stewardess" is in the wrong career. I called guest services every day for things like wash cloths, the daily Hearld (ship info), and more. She never called us by name, left one bar of soap for two people to last eleven days, gave us toiletries that had been used by others (less than half full), and never completely cleaned the bathroom. I cleaned the floor just to get rid of the smell. Our friends said she "was young and inexperienced." The liberal smoking policy on the Sojourn was reported elsewhere, so I can only reiterate that it was an issue. Neighbors smoking on their verandas meant that we could not use our veranda during their frequent smoke breaks. There were other places to go on the ship where you did not have to smell second-hand smoke, which we did. Overall, Seabourn Sojourn offered a luxury vacation, like Regent, with excellent food and beautiful common areas. Unlike Regent, Seabourn had limited shore excursions, a bothersome smoking policy, and very poor housekeeping service, The disembark procedure was wonderful, leisurely breakfast the last day with a couple of hours to connect with luggage off ship. But maybe I was just happy to leave.

Highs and Lows on Seabourn Sojourn

Seabourn Sojourn Cruise Review by judith peatross

judith peatross’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seabourn Sojourn price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin V6 Deck 7
Lovely accommodations, except for the dirty bathroom floor and dusty shelves.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins