• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

yoster1957
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2009
Cabin:

Since I have never experienced a repositioning cruise before, nor ever cruised with Royal Caribbean, I hope I am not unduly unfair to Royal Caribbean in the following comments, as I am not sure if this is the result of it being a repositioning cruise or just normal operating procedure for RC. Repositioning cruises are the best deal - and if you are budget conscious or just like to get the best deal for your money, this is the way to go!  Serenade of the Seas was a great ship for Alaska - with so many places to sit and watch the scenery without freezing or being outside.

Mother nature was the real hero on this cruise - once we departed Seattle, we had sunshine EVERY day - a more beautiful experience could not be had. Even the captain had to comment on the amazing weather.

Overall my husband and I found the food wait service & food quality of both the main dining restaurant, Reflections, and the self-service restaurant, Windjammer, up to our discriminating standards and what we would expect of a decent cruise line.  We were disappointed with the wine selection, however and five days into the cruise, there was yet to be an offering of an identifiable chocolate dessert at dinner!  I made this complaint to our waiter and he personally took it as his mission to bring me a chocolate dessert each evening from that point on  (and from where it came I have no idea - don't ask don't tell) - no matter if I ordered a different selection - my table mates were jealous!

3 Helpful Votes