3. Carnival Inspiration
My husband and I have taken several Carnival cruises in the past. This was probably our last one. We are in our late 50's, not travelling with children. We choose this cruise because it was close enough to drive to. I wish there were more destinations to pick from that leave from Los Angeles. Embarkation went smoothly. The staff was efficient and the wait was not long. They have this part down pact. I booked our trip on-line, selecting our cabin and requesting 2 twin beds and distilled water for my Cpap machine. Upon arrival the beds were not separated and there was no water. We had to wait for hours before we could get through to guest services for these requests. The Carnival Inspiration is showing her age: worn paint, railings, carpet and decor. My husband is disabled and was forced to climb stairs when time and again the elevator refused to stop at our deck. We had chosen this ship because it had a serenity deck, but were so disappointed to find out that it was anything but serene. It was more of the party place for the college students and rowdies. During our pre-cruise research, the schedule stated that the elegant night was on day 4, yet when we received our daily info sheet we discovered it was on day 2. Two couples at our dining table did not get the updated memo and were very disappointed when they came to dinner under dressed. The food in the dining room was good, not excellent, but good. The food at the buffet was very good with a nice variety. We pre-arranged our shore excursions separate from the cruise line and it went very smoothly. In the end we paid a fraction of what others had paid for the same activities. It's always a risky thing to do and you have to make sure the timing does not get you back to the ship late. Unfortunately, this time several cruisers were very lacking in social skills and their loud and rude behavior had an effect on everyone near them. I am not a goody two shoes by any means, but it's a shame that we need some kind of code of conduct so that other people aren't forced to listen to loud arguments and conversations that would make a sailor blush.

Disappointed...not sure we'll ever cruise again.

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by kathyanna74