3. Norwegian Jewel
This was the second time we took this cruise as our family vacation. The first cruise was in October 2015 and we had an excellent experience. We booked a two bedroom family suite and we did enjoy the cabin. Since we travel with our children who are 8 and 11, we appreciate having a separate bedroom and bath for them to use. Our butler, concierge and room steward were all excellent and we had no issues. We did have issues with two of three ports being cancelled due to a maintenance problem. We also were floating in the water for 5 hours after we left LA for an unexplained reason. I would have never booked a cruise (with children) that had 5 sea days on an older ship. There was very little for my boys to do on board. They were bored with ping pong and the mini slide at the overcrowded pool by Monday. They hated the kids club on board. The staff grouped kids ages 6-12 together and catered the activities to the younger children. My boys were told to take it easy in playing games to make it fair to the young kids. They actually had to play a version of duck duck goose. How is that fun at their ages? Every evening was the same complaint about being bored. The entire program needs to be revamped. My husband enjoys gambling on cruises and was upset that the casino was closed for two nights during our stay in Puerto Vallarta. Many other guests were as well. The free drinking program on board led to many drunk people on board. I think they were all so bored with the lack of activities that they just drank. Again, not a good scene for kids. We attempted to play some board games in the game room only to find that most of them were missing pieces or instructions. This was a little frustrating for us as well. The TV selection on board was also terrible. The same movies were recycling over and over again. Both DVD players in our suite did not work. Last year, I was able to bring water and juice and a sleeve of Diet Coke on board. This year it was confiscated during check in. They only serve Pepsi on the ship. My husband got a massage on board out of boredom. He enjoyed the service but all of the services were very pricey! If you are traveling with children, I would advise you to take another ship and consider using another cruise line. We payed a lot for a suite and didn't have a good time! All of us couldn't wait to get off the ship in LA!

2nd Time is Not A Charm!

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Family Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin SC 11524
The suite was very nice. We enjoyed having two bedrooms and bathrooms. All of us enjoyed taking a bath looking out the big windows to the ocean. The spa-like shower is also nice with great water pressure. The kids enjoyed the daily snacks the butler brought and the candy was a nice touch. Would highly recommend this type of room for families that enjoy having extra space to relax.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Las Caletas Beach Hideaway
    This one is well worth the money. Just be aware that a parent must be with the kids to do all of the activities (zip lining, animals, etc. ) The crew is excellent and they perform a terrific show to and from the island.
    View All 56 Las Caletas Beach Hideaway Reviews