3. Carnival Paradise
We allowed our travel agent to choose the cruise following guidelines we had given her. I am handicapped and on Oxygen so we had many special needs and the staff met those quite well. The ship (mostly the cabins) are very tired. We took a Carnival 11 years ago and the carpet and décor in the cabins are the same now as then just that much more worn. The area I was most disappointed with was the dining. There were no specialty restaurants aboard, and the dining room is only open for lunch if we were not in port. The dinner menu's were very uninspired, meatloaf one night, brisket another. Quite disappointing. I will say when I commented to our waiter about this. He apparently told the dining room supervisor who presented me with chocolate dipped strawberries the following evening. We did order the "off the menu" steaks (extra) which were excellent and one night chateaubriand was on the regular menu. I asked about lamb chops and they said "oh no you had to take a 6 night cruise for lamb" ( ours was only a 5 night). Now for the good parts, the staff was absolutely the best. The main areas were beautiful, Art Deco in style, and very comfortable. They had violinists in the main atrium every night, the piano bar was great, excellent photographers (I always take horrible pictures and they actually did a great job and we bought them all BIG BUCKS but worth it.) The food on the Lido deck was always quite tasty, and because I'm on a scooter there were always people willing to assist me. Will we travel on this ship again, probably not, but would not hesitate to recommend it knowing these limitations.

One last hurrah

winston1269’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6E r202
Very small, I had a lot of equipment that covered every square inch of counter space. They did fortunately inform me that I needed to bring my own extension cords as there was only one outlet. The walls were scuffed and the carpet was frayed and raveling.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins