Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise is no Paradise cruise ship

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by mom2boyz952

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean

This was a family cruise, it was myself, my husband and my nephew and his wife and his family. I've only ever been on 1 other cruise line in my life, and it was a great experience, this cruise however I wasn't thrilled with. We had a weird, loud, knocking noise in the wall of our cabin room at different hours of the night when we were trying to sleep. It would last anywhere from 30 seconds to a full minute. The buffet's were few and far between, they closed at different hours which they never advertised so you had no idea what was open when or when some place was closed. The only 24 hour definite was Pizza, and ice cream. The dinners were o.k. it was basically the same appetizer choices every night, which to me was boring. The main meal's were o.k. nothing to write home about. The cruise on a whole was o.k. also the biggest turn off for us, and disappointment was that the casino, of which there was only 1 on the ship was smoker friendly, and people used it to their advantage, it was gross! I am not sold on Celebrity Cruise's and doubt very seriously I'll take another one any time soon.

mom2boyz952's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Interior U151

Our cabin was acceptable during the day, but at night there was some loud knocking noise in the outer wall that we had no idea what it was, it would last anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute and always at the wee early hours of the morning, 1 or 2 a.m.

Cozumel

going through the duty free area was a bit ridiculous they sold the same stuff in the duty free shops that you can by right here in Florida , the only difference is you didn't pay sale's tax. So needless to say I didn't buy anything. Also for it being Cozumel Mexico, they sold a lot of stuff that you could buy in the U.S. like m&m's and booze, stuff like that. Nothing I couldn't live without.

Tampa

the port of tampa was enjoyable, and the entire staff was very expeditious in getting us on the ship quickly.

mom2boyz952