3. Norwegian Jewel
Was my 2nd NCL cruise and 5th overall and first with our kids 6 and 8. As you see from the others on the same cruise, this was one that was not as planned by NCL well. Got the email about missing 1 port before we left. On the first night on the boat I noticed on the TV channel it showed us going back towards LA which I found odd but come to find out it was the engine room fire/smoke issue. I do not fault them for that as I would rather have been back in port that left out to sea with an issue such as this. The communication as we got to PV was lacking to say the least. We knew we had 2 days but was told the 2nd day we needed to be back on the ship by 2 30 PM. Then around 10 pm they announce a delay and say it will be 5 pm to get back. If we would've know that we could've plan a more intense adventure. We did not leave till almost 1 a.m. that night and knew than there was no way to get to Cabo with any time to due much with the tenders that you have to do there. We weren't told til about 9 or 10 a.m. the next day that we were infact going straight back to LA without stopping. This needed to be communicated better and felt bad for the staff as people were getting irate with them and they have no control. We work in the hospitality industry so really felt for them. IDK if we will cruise with NCL again as the ship was older which we knew, but the kids started getting cabin fever by the 5th day with not much new to do. The shows were OK and he food is what you expect nothing too great but kept you full. Kids club was good for the kids and us too but they were kinda overwhelmed also.

Book 3 and get 1 Port

Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IE 10617
Typical small cabin. We had 2 kds also but made due.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins