Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,269 Reviews

Beautiful, easy to navigate ship with great food and staff!

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Goldengram

• Sail Date: Oct 2016
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

My son and I both like the southern Caribbean itinerary but hadn't been there recently. Sailing from San Juan was a plus because we could easily fly in the same day avoiding the extra expense of an overnight there due to the Adventure sailing at 8:30 p.m. We had read reviews about ship looking worn, faulty plumbing & AC, etc. but were pleasantly surprised to see its overall good condition. Our AC and plumbing were fine but we did see evidence of other cabins who did have a plumbing problems, we assume throwing things in the commode other than toilet paper. There were ample warnings not to do that. Ship wiil be in dry dock in mid-October for major re-furbishing so should be really dazzling after that. We had MyTime Dining. Both food and service were excellent. We were so impressed with Royal, our waiter, and Royal, his assistant, (yes, they had the same name) that we reserved a table with them for the rest of the week! The nightly entertainment in the theater was not exceptional but enjoyable. We always enjoy the ice show but it didn't fit our schedule this time. Aruba was our favorite port. Since we didn't have to be back onboard until 10:30 p.m. we had lots of time to enjoy the island on our own. In spite of my very sore broken arm and its limitations this was one of the most enjoyable cruises we've ever had.

Goldengram's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E2 6650

Lovely, comfortable cabin with full-size sofa bed. Shower is glass-enclosed (not a curtain). Balcony is small with solid metal front but still provided our own piece of the ocean/islands. Extra shelves in closet and drawers on both sides of vanity provide adequate storage. Vinceroy, our cabin steward, kept our cabin spotless. In addition he went out of his way to make me comfortable when, upon arrival, I told him I had recently broken my arm. He brought me extra pillows so I could sleep sitting up, extra padding for our beds and a shower stool for extra safety. We never came back to our room to find out he hadn't made it up yet. Don't know how he did it. He was delightful and efficient. Cabin was located over a main dining room but very quiet. Since it was only 1 deck above the Promenade we enjoyed using the stairs a lot.

Goldengram