3. Norwegian Dawn
This is my husband and kids 3rd cruise and my 4th (2nd on NCL). We got a great deal on the Deluxe Owner's Suite (#12000). Being a family of 5, we are either forced to get 2 cabins or a larger suite (you'd think suites, being larger, would automatically sleep more but sadly, most still seem to sleep 4). Overall this was a fantastic cruise. We were very lucky, with Hurricanes Matthew and Nicole brewing to have been able to get 2 days in Bermuda. By the time we boarded, Matthew was no longer a threat but Nicole was headed towards Bermuda. So they spend up and got us into port 3 hours early (10 am instead of 1 pm), we ended up having to leave at 9 am on Tuesday morning instead of 5 pm. While I would have loved some more beach time, we made sure to do the most important things we wanted to do first. Ship: The Dawn is a wonderful ship, just out of dry dock. My only complaint is the location of the kids area (or more, its accessibility). We were on deck 12 (which is where the family suites are located!!), kids area was on deck 13. The only way to get to the kids area was walking thru the pool area then the buffet (or go down 1 deck to deck 11, walk across to the back, then up to 13). Cabin: all I can say is WOW!! Beautiful and spacious. Our Butler Joseph, and cabin steward Ronald, were the BEST!! They catered to our every desire. Dining: I think the best part of the suite was being able to eat breakfast and lunch in Moderno/Cagney's. They had the same menu every day but the food was excellent!! We did eat breakfast twice in the Buffet, it was good too...GREAT waffles. We snacked a bit in the buffet but other than the pizza and ice cream weren't overly fond of the food (others have mentioned Golden Corral buffet...pretty accurate, it was edible but that's about the best I can say). We had the dining package so we ate at Cagney's, Moderno, and Teppanyaki. All were quite good, our favorite was the specialty sirloin at Moderno, good or better than any upscale steakhouse. And the macadamia nut ice cream from Cagney's has to be my favorite ice cream ever!! We ate at the 2 main dining rooms for our other dinners and it was quite tasty too. After hearing some bad reviews about the main dining rooms we were a little worried but the food was good and hot. Entertainment: We watched 3 shows in the Stardust, all GREAT. From the pool parties, bands, night life, dance classes...we were never short of fun activities!!! Ricard the cruise director is fantastic. Quest was a blast...don't bring the kids...lol!! Service: the service was excellent. Everyone friendly and helpful. Lorelai in Cagney's and Jasmine in the main dining room were a few stand out servers!! Some of the bars are harder to get drinks from, not always a "line" or good way to orderly get your drinks.

Beautiful ship, good food, great fun!!!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by echosams