3. Carnival Ecstasy
I booked this cruise for me and my lady friend through Travels and Tours aboard MCAS, Cherry Point, NC. Given that it was not known to us until we boarded the ship the destination had been changed from Bahamas to Cozumel, Mexicio due to Hurricane Matthew, I probably would have cancelled and rebooked for later date. But like all other passengers and crew we made the best of a bad time. The transit to Cozumel was good and uneventful except for the fine facilities on board the ship the fact that the Cruise Director, Benjamin, worked around the clock to keep us entertained. And entertain us he did. He, himself, is a multi-talented individual and the onboard Fun Squad went out of their way to ensure we were entertained. The fact they flew an entertainer in to board for transit back to Charleston showed commitment to "keeping the customers happy". The Food Service Division was superb as was the Housekeeping Division. Mr. Mirza, Miss Puspa, and Mr.Joko of the Waitstaff were a joy to watch as the worked in unison to ensure hot food was served hot, cold food served cold and glasses were never empty be it wine, soda or water. Mr. Wayan, ou Steward, was polite and cheerful, went out of his way to ensure for our comfort and well being and, for sure, made sure we had clean linen and towels all the time. If you want a negative about the cruise then you got one coming. With a Hurricane keeping us from out destination and more importantly our return port, why was not there and television from Charleston beamed aboard our ship. I like all the other embarked passengers (and crew) wanted to know what was happening in Charleston and in particular motor vehicles. Miami, Miami, MIami is all we got.

Cozumel instead of the Bahamas