3. Scenic Pearl
This cruise line was recommended by my travel agent. I had never heard of them before. Let me tell you they are remarkable. We booked the Junior Royal Suite, Cabin 315. The room was spacious, clean, and well furnished. There is plenty of storage with two closets, drawers and a night stands, as well as shelf storage in the sitting room and bathroom. About the bathroom, it is large by ship standards with a nice sized shower and a full sized deep tub. One thing about that shower, it is some ultra modern shower with spray at your feet, knees, navel, and a "rain" head right directly over you. They should have saved the money and just put in a regular shower head and hot and cold knobs. The bathroom was kept remarkably clean with service twice a day. Scenic is truly "all inclusive". You can out your wallet in the in room safe when you get there and not take it out again until you disembark. Everything is included - top shelf liquors, wines, food, excursions, everything. No tipping for anything.(More about that later.) The food is excellent. They serve the normal three meals plus snacks anytime. There are two special restaurants on board in addition to the main dining room, Portobello and La Reve. Portobello is Italian and La Reve is fine continental cuisine. Every passenger gets to eat in Portobello once during the cruise. La Reve is reserved for the passengers on Deck 3, the Diamond Level. Both are outstanding. The lounge/cocktail bar is spacious and well appointed with comfortable seating. The bar and wait staff provide excellent service. They know your name and what you drink by the second day. The best thing about our cruise was the staff. We were met by the Hotel Manager and Cruise Director when we boarded. They were the friendliest most welcoming people I have ever met in the hospitality industry. We were taken to our cabin immediately by our butler who showed us all the amenities of the cabin. He then left and came back within five minutes with sandwiches and drinks. (We didn't ask for it. He anticipated the need because we arrived just after lunch.) He also opened the champagne that had been left chilling in the cabin. There was fresh fruit waiting for us. But back to the butler. This man was the most efficient, friendly person I have ever seen in all my years of traveling. He anticipated our every need before we knew we needed it. Now about tipping, if you don't give this guy something at the end of the cruise you are a true Scrooge and the ultimate cheapskate. He made our trip truly exceptional. The excursions were well done. Most all involve some serious walking, so bring good shoes. The guides spoke excellent English, and were personable and friendly. They have these trip personalizers that you take with you on the excursions. They look like an iPhone, and the guide can talk to you over the included earpiece. When they work they are great; unfortunately ours only worked about half the time. I would say they are a great idea that is not ready for prime time. Only one hitch in the entire cruise. We were supposed to go to Strasbourg the first day out. The traffic on the river was so heavy that we spent hours waiting to transit the locks. No Strasbourg. The tried to make up for it by adding an additional excursion in Amsterdam. Not their fault, but disappointing. It's just one of the risks you take when river cruising like low water. Their were no children or teenagers on this cruise. I would not recommend it for families. It's just not their thing. The passengers were from the US, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, with a smattering of Eastern Europeans.

Scenic Provides Amazing Service, Dining, and Cabins

Scenic Pearl Cruise Review by hanknelson

hanknelson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Pearl price drops

Said it all above. Spacious for a ship's cabin. Well furnished. Lot's of storage for a ship. Bathroom is spacious with a quirky shower and full tub.