3. Celebrity Reflection
This was a 10 night Italy and Greek Isles cruise. Let me first say, our suite was amazing. We were on Deck 10 (Room 1122) conveniently located near the elevators just outside the library. The suite was spacious and comfortable and soundproof when we were in the room. Our deck was large with a table, chairs and a chaise lounge and we used it as often as we could. Our Butler Nikola was the a wonderful young man who was there to please. I can't say enough nice things about him. He was responsive to all of our needs, professional, competent, and genuine. He went out of his way to make sure we had what we needed. Thank you Nikola. I'm sorry we didn't get to see you before we disembarked. Our first stop on our cruise was Sicily (Messina) Italy. We signed up for the bike ride down Mt Etna. We didn't find out until we returned to our room after dinner that our excursion had been canceled. It was the one excursion we were really looking forward to, but apparently there weren't enough people signed up for it. We ran into another couple who had also signed up for it and they told us when they booked it, they were told it was almost sold out. Not sure what happened here, but it was a disappointing start to the cruise. Our next stop was Mykonos. We signed up for the excursion to Delos. We enjoyed walking around the ruins and the museum and our tour guide was very good. After the tour, the ferry let us out at Mykonos and we were able to explore the area. We had lunch and walked around the shops. The streets are like a maze and was nice enough. One of our favorite stops was Ephesus (Kusadasi) Turkey. We decided on the Turkish Vineyard Experience for our excursion here and we were happy we did. The drive alone to the winery was worth it to see the countryside and the winery and the wines were just perfect. It was a relaxing and enjoyable excursion. Then we were taken to a rug maker. We loved the demonstration of the rug making and were blown away by the silk worm demonstration. The rugs were absolutely beautiful and two couples purchased rugs, but there was never any pressure to buy one. I highly recommend this excursion! Rhodes Greece was okay. I didn't plan an excursion for this day, so we just walked into the old walled city which is very touristy. We had lunch here and it was good. We bought a few souvenirs and then returned to the ship. Santorini, Greece was absolutely wonderful. On this excursion we took a bus ride to Oia and then stopped at a winery. We loved Oia, and had our favorite meal of the trip here. The winery didn't come close to the one in Turkey, so don't expect much except the view from there is spectacular. Athens, Greece. We discovered the hop on hop off bus here and that ended up being the perfect way for us to see the Acropolis. It was breathtaking to see. We were blown away by the traffic there though, so be prepared for that. Naples Italy. Here, we walked around Naples in the morning on our own and grabbed a slice of pizza...it was the best pizza I have ever tasted! It was Sunday, so not a lot was open, but there was a place right outside the pier that we ate at and it was delicious! In the afternoon, we went on a Naples City Sights tour and I feel like we saw every inch we could by bus. We stopped at a cafe and had a gelato that was very good as well. I would have given this cruise a 5, but I was disappointed by the canceled excursion in Sicily and one night when we were in our suite watching the celebrity channel on excursions we saw an excursion from Naples to Ischia. When I asked about it no one seemed to know anything about it. Not sure why they advertise it if it is not available.

Great Cruise, Great food, excellent service!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by sharons424

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Greece

sharons424’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

We had a beautiful suite. I have no complaints here. It was so nice that I could have spent the entire week in the room and on the private deck and I would have had an amazing time.
  Celebrity Reflection Deck Plans