• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

taxbuster1040
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Inside Stateroom 11

We had always wanted to go on a New England Cruise and we prefer 14 day cruises. The cruise was excellent. The Bar Harbor stop was cancelled due to rough seas. Food was the best I have had in over 20 cruises, with Royal Carribean, Carnival, and Holland America. Service was excellent. I only have a few minor criticisms. They did not have many games or card decks. Luckily we bring our own. I also found the onboard daily entertainment to be wanting. The activities just did not seem interesting. They have a lot of competitions between crew and passengers. I do not care for this. They had many Apple, Ipad lectures.... I don't own an Apple, and I don't see why they would not have seminars for other brands. Their library was poor and not enough seats. We enjoyed the shows, but would have appreciated more comedians, adult comedy and less singers. I also think the entertainers or cruise should arrange not to sing the same songs. How many times do you want to hear "Sweet Caroline"...... but aside from that, we would consider Celebrity on the top of our cruise list because of the great food. Also, for Cpap users, when we initially checked in, security took away my extension cord for the cpap machine. This caused me great anxiety, and it wasn't until 10 pm of the first night, that Chris, our room attendant was able to locate one. Having been on 20 plus cruises, I did not see the point of this. Even though I could pick up the cord on leaving the ship, I did not bother. The last thing I want when leaving a ship is standing on a line to get a $5.00 extension cord. No other cruise line ever confiscated an extension cord.

Inside Stateroom 11

We loved the oversized room. I thought there would be a couch. There were 2 very small tight chairs instead. Other than that, great shower and room.

1 Helpful Vote