3. Liberty of the Seas
I had booked this cruise back in December 2015. This was our first cruise of any type - we are usually land based, driving type vacation people. We took two days to drive from Kansas City to Galveston. We did not do much exploration of the island as we had been here before. Embarkation was smooth - we had parked at Lighthouse Parking at 10:30am and taken the shuttle over to the dock. We were taken to the holding area immediately and were on the boat by noon - my wife is in a wheelchair and this was the first of MANY instances where we were given assistance to get through boarding and debarking. We had an interior cabin on deck 10 - 1659. We were able to access the cabin at 1pm where we met our cabin attendant Edna from Columbia. Oh my goodness, what a treasure! She was efficient, personable, and FUNNY! Between her, our waiter Keti, and our assistant waiter Jonelee, it was the crew that absolutely made the cruise. Royal Caribbean knows that they are in the Customer Care business that just happens to cruise. I have absolutely no complaints with my encounters with the crew. The cabin was small, but we were only in there to shower and sleep so it was fine. I think next time, I will save my money and not worry about getting a Wi-Fi package - too slow and not worth it. The ship was in great shape - our only complaints would be the lack of public facilities near the entertainment venues with multiple stalls for women and how the promenade would get clogged with sales tables - it made it VERY difficult when trying to get through when pushing a wheelchair. The entertainment was mostly a hit - El Gaucho was great; the ice show and the Up in the air show was fantastic; the ventriloquist - meh... Bubba Feathers Band; Phil Anderson; and Maneolito were definite highlights as far as live music. Jeff Arpin did an excellent job as cruise director in keeping the entertainment going on this cruise. We had a private tour with Victor Bodden Tours on Roatan - we went on the Glass Bottom Tour - very worthwhile - and visited the Cameo Factory. In Costa Maya, we used Native Choice Tours and did the Chacchoben Experience Tour. Ivan and Maria were our guides and they were outstanding. The lunch put on by the Mayan ladies was superb - probably the best meal I had on the entire cruise, and that is saying a lot. I HIGHLY recommend both of these private tour operators - there was never a worry about getting back to the boat on time. On Cozumel, we just got off the boat for about 90 minutes to do a little shopping. Interaction between me and the Mexican vendors was interesting to say the least. Would I cruise again? Probably, especially after my wife has surgery on her ankle and recuperates. Next cruise will probably be Alaska in '18.

Newbie Review of Liberty - 10/9/16

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by iconions

iconions’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Small cabin - we split the beds apart to allow us to get to the bathroom in the evening. As we were only in the cabin to sleep and shower, it was fine. Mattresses were fine - I actually slept great.
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans