• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2016
Cabin: Concierge Class 3

Excellent cruise, the Summt officers and crew go above and beyond to provide great customer service. The entire experience was wonderful. The embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. The food was outstanding. Our only disappointment was having to miss the port of Bar Harbor due to rough seas generated by Hurricane Matthew. But Captain Kate made the right decision to ensure the safety of her ship and crew. My favorite port was Quebec City. I do hope to go back there one day and would still like to visit Bar Harbor as well.

We were in Cabin 8152, Concierge Aft. The location was terrific and there was no noise whatsoever, yet we were close to the elevator to Oceanview Cafe and the Main Dining Rooms. The activities were good and varied. I did think the quality of entertainers on board could use some improvement. I know others have said that the Summit is old and tired. I do not agree. She is a great ship and the maintenance they continue to do to her while in dry dock keeps her looking new and fresh in the common areas. The main cabins could use some attention and we were told that in the next dry dock the cabins will be addressed. I would sail on her again in a heartbeat and the addition of Captain Kate (who was always visible and active) adds a real bonus.

Concierge Class 3

Cabin C3

Excellent quiet cabin close to the aft elevator, easy access to Oceanview Cafe and the Main Dining Rooms.

2 Helpful Votes