3. Oasis of the Seas
I chose this cruise as it was a good entry level cruise. Everything seemed to have a up sell cost attached, and they were really pushing everything that was not included. Also the food that is included is best described as consistently inconsistent. I had french Onsion soup 4 times and every bowl was different. One night the bowl had lots of onions and a sprinking of cheese. Another night no onions and lots of cheese, another somewhere in the middle and the 4th bowl was way to salty and with next to no onions. The same idea for Escargots. I had a good garlicky plate one night, another was with less garlic and more cheese and the third was with no garlic and all cheese. They also seem to have different ideas on what the same alcoholic beverage should be like. I orderd the same cocktail and it was made differently at every bar and to the point it tasted different at some of them. It would be nice if royal put better training and standards in to practice so that it would prevent from so much food wastage and that would also help to keep costs lower. Also forget about desserts they do not know how ti make good desserts They need to hire a pastry chef to revamp the offerings. I did like the cheesecake pops though. Also if you think that you know what something will be like do not assume that you will like it. I thought that a pecan pie would be like a pecan pie and it was not. It is best described as a pie full of pecans. Will not dine in windjammer again. Food should have been hot as it just was put out and it was not hot. It had clearly been cooked cooled and reheated. It was not properly reheated to a hot temprature as there was cold pockets. Dishes that are hot in spice are not marked any differently so be prepared to have a beverage on hand. Also it is a madhouse even at 1:30 in the afternoon. I will not be taking a cruise in a balcony room as the ship is so large that I was never in my room to make it worth the higher price tag. The room is still small and the shower is tiny. My husband had an issue as he is 6'4" and 325lbs. and he had an issue. Service: By the main dining room at our traditional dining was really good. He remembered what I liked to drink and had it ready to be ordered. He did check first to make sure I didn't want to change things up. We had a amazing room person she always was friendly and willing to do anything that would make our stay more comfortable. She always wanted to hear how our day was and had suggestions that were free of things to do and see. Labadee is just a beach day and please avoid the shops and the pushy vendors. It is best if you walk with sunglasses on and pretend that you do not hear them. Although the best beach is near their area. Falmouth It is ok to get off the ship and wander the port but as a female it is not ok to wander outside of the port. You are in some of the slums or more poverty stricken area and it is not that safe to do. If you do want to go out of the cruise port I suggest booking a tour that is with the cruise line or another reputable company. Cozumel is fine to wander around and leave the cruise port although we didn't. We went to a little hole in the wall called Mandys and it had some of the best food that we have tasted. We were really surprised with how amazing it was. We got a sampler lunch platter for 2 for 19.00 and 2 bottles of pop for 4.00. There was no tax and we did leave a small tip. We defiantly will go again but will venture out further next time. Will I sail with Royal again? Yes because of the activities and the Solarium. I will not go based on expecting super high service and really good food. It will be if the price is right or they offer some itinerary that we want.

Consistently Inconsistent

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by mickeymouselam

mickeymouselam’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

It was good but tiny. We could not pass each other in front of the bed and the bed was right beside the washroom. Also they have installed a sensor that can tell if your balcony door is open so if you leave it unlocked your air conditioning will not work. It was nice to have a couch to sit on to watch t.v. (even though there was maybe 4 channels that we would watch). But the balcony was tiny and the chairs are uncomfortable so we rather go up ti the solarium and sit in the padded chairs with our feet up to read. The shower is tiny and they only have a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner dispenser and it got knocked off the wall a couple of times.

I think from now on we will go inside or ocean view unless the price is right and save the money on the room to use for the specialty dining restaurants to make the food quality better,
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans