3. Carnival Sunshine
This was my second Carnival cruise, but the first leaving from Manhattan. Living in NJ, it was very convenient. I opted for car service over the train and it worked well. The first time a I traveled solo and this time I traveled with a coworker/friend. We had the 1-1:30 embarkation window and arrived pretty much at 1pm. There were lines, but that was not unexpected. Embarkation went smoothly. By the time we go on board, the rooms were ready so we directly there. I was pleased with the room (more below). It was a cool, gray day but we did head outside to take in the sights heading out of the city. It was warm enough to lay out at the pool starting the next morning and through the final sea day of the cruise. Spa--we were in a spa room so I took advantage of what came with it. I used the Thermal Suite as much as I could and did 2 free yoga classes (one class was cancelled since the ship was rocking too much). I also did 2 sessions of "Body Sculpt Boot Camp" -- great workout, but walking was not fun after the first session (pulled muscles). I also took advantage of the free sunrise stretch class and the free abs class as much as possible. To reward myself, I did get a mini-facial and reflexology on a special. Dining-We at in the MDR, Lido buffet and had room service. The food was fine. I was able to find something to eat wherever we were. We had your time dining and only waited on line once to check in for dinner. Enjoyed an adult milkshake at the coffee/dessert cafe on deck 5. Also enjoyed cocktails at the Alchemy Bar. Entertainment-My friend saw the show on the first night and said it was ok. I went to the rock show and left. I thought is was pretty bad. I did go to a trivia game and had fun. On sea days, laying out at the pool was our main form of entertainment. Service-No complaints. Bermuda was the only port on this cruise. We didn't book any excursions through the ship, so I can't speak for how they went. We booked a rum cruise ahead of time as well as a walking tour in St. George. While on the island, we booked a glass bottom boat tour (nighttime). I was pleased with all. It was really hot and humid, so sightseeing was a sweaty venture! We used the public ferry and bus to get around. Unfortunately our last day in port was cut short (noon instead of 5pm) due to the storms in the area. We visited the National Museum which is very close to where we docked. I recommend for the views alone! Debarkation went smoothly. We arrived home to the same gray, cool day as the day we left. Four ships were docked the same morning, so there were a lot of people out on the street. Even so, I would leave from NYC again simply because I don't have to worry about a flight.

Bermuda while dodging Matthew and Nicole

jerseygrl828’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Spa Balcony
Cabin 8S 11019
I enjoyed the cabin. Our cabin steward was great--unobtrusive but helpful whenever needed. There was plenty of room for all of our clothes (we don't pack light). Enjoyed the Elemis shower amenities. Location was great--particularly if you plan to use the spa a lot. Just a few steps out of the room and one flight down! Location was great for the Serenity area and dining. New balcony chairs were delivered during the cruise--one of them now has an adjustable back.
Spa & WaterWorks Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins