3. Viking Akun
Have just returned from the most amazing trip just wish I had read more history books before I left!. Our first, and most certainly, not the last trip with Viking River. Russia has always had a mystery about it and the treasures of the Hermitage and The Armory in the Kremlin certainly highlighted those mysteries. From our two pre-cruise days in St Petersburg to the ride to the airport in Moscow, it was gold service all the way. They say a ship is " only as good as its captain" an in the case of Akun I firmly believe that. What an amazing young man is Captain Vladamir and Karolina, the hotel manager, waiting on the chilly deck for our safe return from shore excursions with hot towels at the ready, became Mother Hen. The ship is kept extraordinarily clean by a team of housekeepers, the cabin was bright and airy although the very cold days didn't allow time on the verandahs. The option to do as little or as much as you wanted was there for the taking, the lectures on Russia and its history by the 3 tour directors was fantastic. Travelling through 17 locks was a wonderfully new experience and to think they were all done before google and computers!!! Could go on forever but congratulations to the fantastic Akun staff, nothing ever a trouble, and I do miss my hot green tea, followed by a double shot coffee at 6 am in the Panorama Lounge and the warm smiles and hugs from Jefferina, Dasha and Gabriel.

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE ON BOARD VIKING AKUN

Viking Akun Cruise Review by Rhonda Hutton

Rhonda Hutton’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Akun price drops

Very clean, airy room. Very comfortable bed and cloud soft pillows!
  Viking Akun Deck Plans