Coral Discoverer Cruise Review

The daily boat trips to interesting places

Coral Discoverer Cruise Review by pollysfollyau

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand

My Wife chose this cruise as I have limited mobility though not in need of aids . I was most impressed by the attention of the staff not only the waitresses and other cabin staff but the whole crew were extremely friendly and helpful .

The food was good and charges for drinks was not excessive; table and bar service was excellent.

Especially enjoyable were the off ship excursions on a daily basis, also the timing of the excursions and their coincidence with ideal tidal conditions for the trips was excellent . We particularly enjoyed the helicopter trip to Mitchell falls and the trip to Lacepede islands.

The ship was very stable and we were blessed with perfect weather. I did not go on a couple of excursions which required climbing up hills but was able to relax and read my books.

We have never been fans of cruises but this small intimate cruise was excellent

and very sociable and I can thoroughly recommend this trip.

One small criticism was the lack of a lift between (decks) which I found a bit wearing. The company and especially your on board staff should be complimented ; although expensive was probably well worth it and a unique experience. I have previously traveled in this area by land but this was an entirely new way of looking at the area

pollysfollyau's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 1st class 403

very comfortable and nicely looked after

Darwin

Quite interesting as I haven't been there since 1968 midel market very good and bus service

Broome

Used the local round the town bus service can recommend the Bali Hi hotel at Cable beach

pollysfollyau