Had always wanted to do one of the windjammer cruises because I had heard they were so low key and could go places the big ships were unable. A friend was putting together one for a group so it seemed a great time to go. It was phenomenal. Island Windjammer did everything they said as they said they would from start to finish. The entire crew was great. Captain Patrici was always available. Very welcoming and warm and joined us for dinner pretty much every night which was served outside under the stars on the open deck. How great is that? Jermaine and Romaine made every meal a pleasure. They were always there making sure you had enough and taking care of everything. Our cook, Donald, from day one took special care because of a food allergy to let me know and was fantastic about finding replacements with joy it being a big deal. Most of all the entire crew worked together to make the whole experience a relaxed fun easy time. There was lots of snorkeling,swimming, swinging from ropes and just hanging out. So if this is the kind of cruise you are looking for I would say Island Windjammer is a definite winner. If you could ever get this same crew you won the lottery... One last note...I also happen to have lucked out because the group I was with was just one great fun everyone got along there to have a good time group. That plus the right cruise made it one of those wish it could have gone just a little bit longer...

Island Windjammer a great experience!!!

Vela Cruise Review by Gumby1600

Gumby1600’s Full Rating Summary
Get Vela price drops

The cabin was exactly as it was described and pictured. For a Windjammer cabin it actually exceeded my expectation. More importantly it was comfortable and well maintained. The stewards, Romaine and Jermaine, everyday had it perfectly made like it was day one.