We decided to book this cruise very well in advance (a year or so) to try the newest and biggest ship even though we are not fans of this size of ships. This was a Family cruise with a party of five, both of us (38 and 39) with around 16 cruises; and the in laws (51 and 65) and a teenager boy (17), for them their second cruise. for both of us this was more about the Ship than the ports of call and she did not dissapoint.
In general I would say that we were really amazed and surprised by the ship, she is a true beauty in every aspect and also really really big, HUGE i would say. the art around the ship is really cool and give you sometimes the WAO factor, loved the comics style in the toilets around the ship.
Embarkation: we did the online check in and uploaded the pictures in advance, once we arrived to the port terminal in less in our allocated time slot and in ten minutes we were on board. we did not get our Sea pass cards in the terminal but were informed they were going to be in the door of our stateroom in a sealed enveloped, this was great in the meantime we could use our SetSail documents to order things on board. it was not a problem. Once inside decided to go to Guest services (the only time there was not a queue during all the week) to buy the WOW bands. they work well but sometimes you still need the Card because you still have to take it out to give it to the waiter, they should implement that the waiters have a mobile device where they can read the band and card; however life is easier when you are spending your days at the pool and can leave the card in the stateroom.
Cabin: we had a balcony D8 in deck 6, cabin 6584, perfect location in deck six, close to the elevators/lobby, easy access to the promenade and the spa/gym. this has to be one of the best designed cabins we have ever had, one of the most comfortables and spacious balcony cabins in RCCL, a lot of storage space, very well designed, big balcony, bathroom size OK. The balcony has perfect ocean views, the only thing I imagine could be a problem for some people (it was not for us) is that sometimes during the night you could hear a little of music from Boleros that is in deck five.
Dining: Harmony provides you with so so many options to eat that would be impossible to try everything in seven days, we did our best and this is the result:
- Windjammer Market Place a.k.a the main buffet: One of the best designed buffets in all RCCL, we ate there twice for lunch and the food was better than expected, no problem to find a table for two and service was around to order drinks. I imagine sometimes could be crowded but after all there six thousands passengers and 20 restaurants so the space is not designed to have all guests at the same time. a recommendation would be to be SMART when deciding where to eat and at what time.
- The Solarium bistro: also a very nice option for lunch with a small buffet, not crowded at all. kind of a hidden gem.
- Main dining room - The Grande: we had my time dining and when to the main restaurant just once for late dinner, food was average, service was average.but again is a question of preferences, the in laws loved it, for us it was OK.
- Wonderland: a refreshing and interesting dining concept, we enjoyed the dinner and the surprises of the presentations. Service was great and the food was very good and weird. I would do it again...
- 150 Central Park: maybe here we had some big expectations being this the most expensive restaurant on board, we were dissapointed and not because it was bad but because for the price (around 90 USD with wine pairing) you expect more than average. The food was OK but not worthy the price, the wine selection was also OK and the service was more like the main dining room than a specialty one.
- Chops Grille: we are kind of fans of Chops in other smaller ships however here it was again a disappointment. Food was average, service was too fast and the design of the restaurant in Harmony makes it very noisy and loud, it was almost impossible to have a conversation because you couldn't´t hear a person through the table. I just can say that Chops in Harmony is not what it used to be some years ago in other ships. Again I would say is a question of personal taste, the in laws loved it....
- Jamie Oliver´s restaurant: Oh Boy where to start.... This was our favourite meal from all the cruise.... everything was on point and the food was extremely good. The service was amazing and the wine suggestions were on point. we just loved every minute of the meal and everything was tasty, yummy and gooooooooooooood. the atmosphere is also very cozy and familiar.... This is a MUST do more than once...
- Sabor: we also had one dinner there for three of us and it was so gooooooooooooood and tasty and the service was excellent. The guacamole made table side is delicious... the tacos and quesadillas and small appetisers were enough to feed us in a sharing concept, it´s a must if you like this kind of food. The margaritas we tasted in the bar were also very good.
- Park Cafe: this was our favourite place for breakfast, loved this small place.
- Sorrentos: good pizzas for a snack during the day
- Drinking package: we had our drinking package upgraded due to the changes implemented and for us it was worthy: specialty coffees, fresh juices, smoothies, wines, drinks, beer, and sodas...
Entertainment: Spoiler free comments: it´s Amazing..... just book every single show: Grease, Columbus, 1897, The fine line, are a must see.... we missed the second aqua show and the iSkate due to schedule conflicts but again in seven days it´s not possible to experience all. The 90´s party and the celebration parade in the promenade were funny, the silent party was great....Waterslides and abyss.... you just have to try these.... I loved it.
Service: in general I would say it was average taking into consideration most of the staff was close to finishing their contracts after the inaugural season. there is always the ones that make your cruise special but all the staff deserves gratitude and being treated good, after all they make our vacations, vacations...... Our stateroom attendant was great
Ports of Call / Excursions: we didn´t get out of the ship in one week, do we regret it... NO way.... there is so much to do... and after all is enjoyable to have the pool deck almost empty sometimes to relax ;-P
Disembarkation: easy breezy....
Would I sail in the Harmony or another Oasis class ship???.... YESSSSS... without any doubt but in the Caribbean...
One of the most comfortables and spacious balcony cabins in RCCL, a lot of storage space, very well designed, big balcony, bathroom size OK.