3. Emerald Sky
We have done several ocean cruises ( Med. Canaries ,Baltic) and have always fancied doing the Danube so this year thought why not. I'm sorry to say we were pretty disappointed in the whole experience.The first three days were good and we were really quite enjoying it but from there on it was really not what we had expected. The next four were really spent sailing with a short time in the various towns probably three to six hours It was a case of doing the walk and get at best an hour or so free time. The rest of the time was spent sailing ( the last two days going through locks or waiting to go through locks.) with a short time ashore. The boat itself is really nice but can be a bit cramped in the indoor areas. The sun terrace was always being closed of towards the end of the week in fact for the last the day or so we were unable to access it. As a smoker that meant we had a small are on deck three.at the doors leading to sun deck. I know that there were safety reason for this as we were going under some pretty low bridges but our Captain seemed to be very quick to close the deck and slow to open it There were some things liked about the cruise but more that I didn't but I would be here all day listing them. .I spoke to our cruise director a couple of days before the end of the cruise and basically we were too young ( early 60s withe usual age related problems) and active and we like a smoke.. Probably says it all. As for food breakfast was very good rest of food was well presented but pretty bland and under seasoned.Chef writes a lovely menu but it doesn't come through in practice. Am i glad we've done it? Yes. Would we do it again? Maybe in about 20 years or so.

Too much time getting there, not enough time being there.

Emerald Sky Cruise Review by das54

das54’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Sky price drops

Lovely cabin but open air balcony was pretty wasted as on the last couple of days.we spent a lot of time looking at lock walls While in port it was 50/50 whether you had a view of the outside world or another ships cabins