3. Oosterdam
This trip first attracted me because I was looking for a cruise that started in Venice and hopefully visited some ports in Greece such as Athens and the Greek Islands, This cruise filled the bill and was well priced. Overall, the ship was lovely. The Main dining room, the main stage, the elevators and halls, were all beautiful The cabin: My cabin was a Neptune Suite and I am very glad of it. It was very roomy, lots of closets, drawers, shelf space. I also liked the sit down vanity area with extra lighting outside of the shower/toilet area. Bedding was comfortable. Contrary to what I had read before the cruise there were many electrical outlets -- no worry there. The bath area had a tub with stand up shower and a separate shower stall. The shower stall was too tiny to be very functional but the tub shower was adequate with a nice shower head and plenty of hot water. The tub itself had some jets but they were too few and too poorly placed to be of any consequence. It was also very convenient to have access to the Neptune Lounge. Sometimes I just wanted a light continental breakfast without too much fuss and the lounge was the place. Access to the lounge concierge was also a plus. They helped me in a number of ways such as making reservations, explaining ship procedures and printing out my boarding pass for the return flight. Dining: The Neptune Suite also granted the privilege of breakfasting in the Pinnacle Grill. Sometimes its nice to sit down and have table service for breakfast. My one experience in the Pinnacle Grill for dinner, the much touted Le Cirque dinner, was not so positive. The service was slack and the food not terribly good. Something was lost between the famous Le Cirque New York restaurant and the on board dinner. Also the wine pairing with the dinner was poor -- the wines did not go with the dishes. On the other hand, I did not have a bad meal in the main dining room, the Vista Room. There were enough choices to suit all different dietary tastes and the food was generally good. Service in this room was also excellent. Food choices on the Gala evenings were exceptional. The only quibble I have is that the wine stewards were not all that knowledgeable. Upstairs, in the Lido, the casual buffet style dining room, the fresh food was not too bad and some of it quite good. On the other hand, the deli sandwiches were always excellent. Service: Service in my cabin was excellent. The attendants were attuned to my needs and always greeted me with warm smiles. For the most part, the service staff throughout the ship were helpful and quick to give you a smile, bar tenders excepted. Entertainment/Activities: For the most part the entertainment was not to my taste except for the very excellent blues band and the classical quartet. You could catch several shows of one or the other or both almost every night. The venues were comfortable and had good sound. Most of the entertainment was more of the mass entertainment variety. There were also some very helpful Windows and digital camera seminars and if you are into poker, plenty of poker activities. The trip included all, if not more than all, the ports you would want in the Aegean Sea. I especially liked the tour of Olympia at Katakolon which explored a vast ancient site in too small a period of time. I only wished that there were more time so that we could see the nearby museum which held the statutes that once graced the Olympic ruins and would help fill out the story. Disembarkation was seamless -- very impressive. My only snickery points are: The cruise line did too much advertising of add on items. I felt barraged with ads. The TV was lovely but had limited channels and no closed captions for the hearing impaired. I would definitely choose this cruise line again and would recommend this trip.

Overall, a great experience

Oosterdam Cruise Review by dailydelite

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

Disembarkation was seamless -- very impressive.

I would definitely choose this cruise line again and would recommend this trip.
dailydelite’s Full Rating Summary