3. Norwegian Jewel
We chose this cruise because it was a short getaway from LA and it was cheap.(you get what your pay for!!) We had a balcony room which was very small. Right from the beginning, we got a bad impression. We had to check in on the second floor of the Vancouver terminal. It was a long walk to the second floor. Once we got there, we checked in and were instructed to go back down stairs to board the ship. That walk was even longer, even after we went through the security. It was like walking through a maze to board the ship. When we got on board and to the room, I had to set up my C-PAP. Usually, on other lines, you call down for an extension cord and a steward brings it up and tapes it down for you. I called and was told that I had to come down and check it out. If I didn't bring it back, I would be charged. Ouch! What happened to service?. The guest relations line was extremely long and I got angrier and angrier as the afternoon went on. A man came up to me while in line and asked how everything was going? He was the "Hotel Manager", so I told him about the CPAP problem and the extension cord for which I was standing in this LONG line. He laughed and moved on to the next guy.( by the way, no one ever taped it down). I think we saw our cabin boy maybe 4 times at the most. We we charged a mandatory service fee per person, per day. -- Okay, we understood this but when we went to order breakfast in bed the next morning, we discovered an additional charge of $7.95 CONVENIENCE fee if it was delivered to our room. We have NEVER been charged on any other cruise line for having breakfast in our room!! Outrageous. They nickel and dime you to death. On the positive side, the food in the specialty restaurants was very good as well as the buffet. Also, as part of our package, we had 250 minutes of free wifi. Bottom line: If Norwegian offered us a FREE cruise, I would tell them to give it to someone else. No more for us.

You get what you pay for!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by jfilips

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We had a balcony room which was very small.

They nickel and dime you to death.

jfilips’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD
Small and rarely saw cabin boy. Half our bed was against a wall and the sofa was like a brick.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins