3. Seven Seas Explorer
My wife and I sailed on October 4th from Monte Carlo to Athens. We have cruised 9 times on 7 different cruise lines. This was our first time with Regent. The ship, common rooms and cabins were the best I have ever seen. However, the staff and crew were new and therefore the service was not as good as I had hoped. The free internet was spotty and inconsistent. The ship also had some problems with the sewage system which left foul odors in the hallways. But in fairness, this is going to happen with any new ship as it “shakes out” it problems and concerns. Activities and entertainment were also not up to par with “the most luxurious ship in the world”. They were good, but not great. Shore excursions are included with Regent, but were too compact and too fast paced. It is very hard to enjoy the scenery around you when you become focused on not losing your tour guide. Dining was excellent as was embarkation and disembarkation. But with the cost the cruise compared to what you get, I don’t feel this was worth the money and I probably will not cruise with Regent again.

Regent Seven Seas Explorer cruise of Italy and Greece - October 4th to 12th.

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by Jack1776

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda Suite
Jack1776’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Explorer price drops

Deluxe Veranda Suite
Cabin G2 630
The cabin was very spacious. The walk-in closet was a nice touch. The shower was big and well appointed. The bedding was nice and comfortable. The sitting area was very well designed and very comfortable. The veranda was a good size, but the deck furniture was over-sized and thus made the veranda not as functional as it could have been. All in all, one of the best cabins we have every experienced.
Deck 9 Suite Cabins