3. Viking Beyla
My daughter and I chose this cruise because it started in Berlin where we lived for three years while my husband was in the Army, we wanted to see the city again after the wall came down, and we wanted to see the part of Germany we had never seen before. We traveled with a dear friend who also lived there at the time, along with her daughter who had never been to Berlin. Ending in Prague was a bonus as I am a Moravian and the church has early ties to Jan Hus. It was my first cruise and I loved it! The four of us were met in the airport..."the lost sheep," our greeter said...due to delays that put us on a different later arrival than others coming in early to have more time in the city, so were sent by cab to the hotel! Matt was a wonderful Program Director all along the way! I enjoyed meeting the various guides and staff because so many countries were represented and individual tours were led by local people an were all very informative. Our captain and several wait staff were Czech, including Andras, one of our favorites, along with Eric and Marijan from the Philippines (another place I had lived!). The cruise itself on the Elbe was beautiful and May turned out to be a pretty perfect time as the lilacs and chestnut trees were in bloom and birds sang all along the shores, including two cuckoos for awhile as we passed! Our cabin had a small veranda and it was great to be able to unpack for a week and still be seeing so many great sites along the way. I would definitely go again when time and funds allow!

Memories Old and New

Priscilla B. Weidman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Beyla price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A ?
The cabin is not large but lovely and had enough drawer and hanging space for each of us to unpack and put our suitcases under the beds (bed can be double or two singles). The veranda was large enough for two chairs and a small table...but we didn't spend much time there because I preferred to go up top for the views when there was free time.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins