3. Seven Seas Explorer
This cruise would have got full marks if I had been sailing on either of the other Regent Ships, (Mariner or Voyager) as the service was excellent, as was the food and beverages offered - excellent quality and presentation. In particular the speciality restaurants. However as the ship was hailed (and as we were repeatedly told, it wore thin after a while) "the most luxurious ship ever built", that my expectations were higher. While the ship has lots of marble, granite and fine paintings and of course is freshly decked out, that wouldn't be enough to bring me back specifically to this ship - the price is costly and there were some design faults, which is a pity as I believe a sister ship is in the pipeline for 2020. Main faults with the design, which had nothing to do with the excellent friendly service by everyone and are outside the staff's control, is that there are only one set of rest rooms per floor bar the pool deck - madness when the main Compass Rose restaurant and Constellation theatre are on the same floor. The stairs are much narrower than on other ships and difficult to pass people by if you meet someone coming the opposite direction to you - but in the main this is a security issue should there be an emergency. The Wifi was also very hit and miss even when docked at shore. The pool deck dining area, was very busy area during the day, inclined to be noisy and I didn't like the layout of the table - too cramped and too like a canteen in layout. I prefer the larger round tables on their other ships. The shore excursions were lengthy and with a full day away that included 3 hrs on our own before heading back to the ship after having been on a tour of the area as well, was excessive. Not to sound too negative as our trip was very pleasant, we enjoyed the cruise, its only fair to highlight that our suite/cabin was spacious and very comfortable, particularly the bed and pillows. I'm surprised that the ratings on cruise critic have been low in this area. I couldn't fault our room and balcony, with fresh fruit and refreshments delivered daily. The evening shows were of a higher quality than on other Regent ships, though the Trio were a bit hit and miss in the explorer lounge, but Ross in the Observation lounge got a good following each night and worked hard to entertain us all.

Excellent service and quality dining - though not the hype about the ship.

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by SBF47

The Wifi was also very hit and miss even when docked at shore.

SBF47’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Explorer price drops

Concierge Suite
Cabin E
Lovely spacious cabin and balcony. Bedding of excellent quality and comfort of bed and pillows wonderful. We slept very well on this cruise. Very good sized walk in wardrobe and bathroom with both bath and shower. Cleanliness was good and fresh fruit and refreshments delivery daily. I can't fault the room in any way.
Deck 9 Suite Cabins