3. Amsterdam
I won't deny that HAL crew consisted mostly of Filipinos and Indonesians were a great crew. They gave impeccable service. This is the 3rd time I sailed with a HAL ship. I'm inclined to stop sailing with HAL for awhile for the following reasons: 1. I've been over billed. During my first cruise, they claimed I took a $7.10 worth of drinks from my stateroom fridge. It wasn't true because I don't drink. I let the incident pass as for that amount, I'm willing to pay to relieve me of the stressful refund process. 2. On my second sailing, I was over billed. This time I used my debit card. A week later, new charges came off in the amount of $320. This was enough for me to get on the phone and dispute the amount. There was no way I'd spend that amount a week after I've disembarked. The summary statement I paid during disembarkation was all I have to pay, I insisted. It took two weeks before HAL reversed the charges. By then, I had some bills lined up for me to pay and had to get some back funds from my line of credit. 3. I passed on two years before sailing with HAL again and it happened again. An additional charge of over $20 came in long after I've disembarked- a bill that was not included in my final disembarkation charges. So I disputed that. There are not many activities in HAL compared to Royal Caribbean or Princess Cruises where activities and shows/ entertainment are scheduled by the hour. The HAL trip to Panama offered great entertainers but there were several lull moments. It's up to you to read a book or walk along the Promenade, shop, eat, sleep.. gym.. A real vacation for many but for the young and restless, those might not pass. Though cruising with HAL is great, it's after the cruise that could be a nightmare. I've sailed Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and Princess and several times I did. I didn't have these problems. I've decided not to cruise with HAL for awhile. As well, HAL destinations for example in the Caribbean mostly include a stop at Half Moon Cay. It's an island owned by HAL. Western Caribbean, for example, offers a lot of excursions to historical sites but none of the HAL ships I know pass by those places such as Roatan and Belize, two places that have a lot of histories.

Cruising with HAL