3. Carnival Sunshine
I was very happy to sail on the Sunshine, Carnival did a wonderful job. We lucked out this week while others were unsure of their sailing to the Caribbean, Bermuda was beautiful. We did have rain the first day but that was it all other days was clear sailing. Leaving out of NYC was good (I never experience a problem) we waited a bit for the ship to clear, and was boarding in no time. We went up on deck for lunch, the buffet had a variety of items and all that I ate was very good. We did sit in back as there was more seating. While we were eating the announcement stated cabins were available. We dropped off our carry on and began exploring the ship. I had an inside spa cabin 11004, this was a nice inside cabin, quiet and close the the spa. We did a spa tour and while I always felt the spa prices were higher than what I would usually pay I decided the special seaweed wrap was something I wanted to do but never did. My husband chose the hot stone and bamboo. He loved it. What I had was one of the most enjoyable treatments I had in a long time. It was 2 hours and when I was done, I could barely walk alone and my body was so relaxed. I would do this again. Check it out!!! and no I didnt buy the items suggested but it was one of the best treatments. We had anytime dining, I chose this because we were traveling with my sister and brother in law and was unsure of what time they liked to eat dinner. When you have this, you must go on deck 5 and get a reservation. The first night was the only busy night, we decided to use the Italian Restaurant as we had a free night there. While I heard poor reviews, I will say I thought the food was very good, service was excellent. So we made a great choice. Every other night the line for dinner was no more than a 10 min wait. We did eat one night at the steak house, as we were celebrating birthdays, and anniversaries. The food and service was excellent. I love the lamb chops amazing!!!. While we are talking about food, I enjoyed every dinner, the food was good and so happy to see the cold soups still on the menu!!. The first day we got to Bermuda, we decided to stay on the ship, and enjoyed the sunshine and spa. The next day, we did a Carnival tour, I still do Carnival tours instead of private the price is a few dollars different and its worry free. We did the 5 hour tour of Bermuda. I enjoyed this, we had time to shop and our tour guide was excellent. The next day we were going to plan a beach day but due to ships needing to come in due to the storm that week we had to leave early so we didnt do the beach. I was ok with it as I know I will be back and now I know what I didnt see and what I want to see in the future. Bermuda was very nice, expensive but I dont shop and I eat on the ship. I was looking for knee socks for my two little grandsons as I love the Bermuda attire. I want to share with you that the ship did not feel crowded at all. I loved the ship and the crew was excellent. not sure why people say horrible things about this ship because I liked it. If you are looking for a ship that you can walk through and enjoy this is a mid size ship. I am not a huge mega ship where if you are on the aft, it takes a long walk to get to where you want to go. I would also like to share, the martini bar was excellent!!! I would do another cruise with Carnival on the Sunshine again and again. You will love the cruise but remember, you make your fun, it's your vacation so enjoy it.

Sunshine is a great ship

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Dorene1