Just got back off the HAL Zanndam Alaska.. Took my husband and 2 sons. 10 and 15.
  HAL just emailed me same cruise for a lot less $. How tacky! Must say this cruise is a snoozer!! We had a cute elderly lady in a wheelchair tell us how board she was!
  The day schedule never seemed to have much on it. I know it is a cruise usually for an older crowd. I don't think that was the problem cause they were a lot of fun!!  My son also loved the Hal kids club. He spent a lot of time there. The food in the Lido was awful!! I felt like they were trying to be creative with yesterdays leftovers.. And we had a hard time catching them open anyway..  The poor workers worked so hard to serve up the nasty crap! I spent a lot of our trip feeling sorry for them and how hard they tried!  My kids called it the "Pig troff slop"  Pinnical grill lunch was good but small servings. We also tried to order room service twice. Both times they never answered the phone. When I called the front desk they told me "they must be busy"
  I spent a lot of time and money on this trip for my men.. I felt from the get go I was getting ripped off! I was a past cruiser with them which got me nothing! They dropped the price 50 bucks a person and upgraded to a window room after we booked  which I didn't get and no break on my kids staying in the same room.. Sorry HAL... cant say your corp made me very happy!
  We also waited 4 hours to disembark. I guess a problem with luggage unloading.

Expensive lil learning experience

Zaandam Cruise Review by 2315mill

• Sail Date: May 2009
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

We also waited 4 hours to disembark. I guess a problem with luggage unloading.

2315mill’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin L 2523
Our steward was FANTASTIC! Yu was always kind and helpful! I needed room cleaned of all down because of allergies. It was done very quickly. My son was seasick and wanted chocolate milk. Yu personally got some and brought it to my son.
  bedding and towels were nice and looked new. Carpet and tile needs an upgrade.
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins