Carnival Valor Cruise Review

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Jcortez

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Porthole

I just returned from a 8 day cruise with Carnival valor. I payed to visit St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Puerto Rico and Grand Turks. I only got to see three of the four I payed for, and was only reimbursed $15.00. Granted the trip turned out to be during Hurricane Matthew, but it seemed as if other Carnival Cruises still saw Grand Turks. After arriving at Grand Turks, and seeing other ships at port, the captain(who speaks horrible English) announced that due to weather conditions we could not be able to port at Grand Turks and would have a sea day. Then turns out not even 30 minutes after we left the Island, Anther Carnival shipped arrived at Grand Turks and posted to Facebook. When another guest on the ship confronted the captain and questioned him why is was that we didn't dock, he gave no response.

The food was horrible. Along with it having no seasoning or taste, it was the same menu everyday for breakfast and lunch. I have cruised before but with Royal Caribbean, this is the first time I broke out on my skin due to the water and even developed Dandruff. I am in my mid-twenties and it seemed as if there was nothing offered for my age group activity-wise on the ship. They offered activities for seniors and for people with children. Overall this experience has turned me off of Carnival, possibly for good. The cruise Director Cassie I thought was great, and the Fun Squad. Along with a dancer named Joshua, he was awesome. I am just very disappointed with my experience and will definitely be taking my business elsewhere.

Jcortez's Full Rating Summary

Porthole

I was content with my cabin. Service was average.

Jcortez