3. Star Princess
We chose this cruise because it was easy for us. we live in Vancouver and it was a round trip cruise from there. Also because we wanted to find out what many sea days would be like. we were afraid that it would be too boring for us. Well, we were wrong! We have not had a better cruise. We took a mini suite on the Star Princess. The room was is good shape and our Steward kept it clean and serviced at all times. The ship is about 15 years old and has been refreshed once as far as I can tell. In any event I can attest that all areas of the ship were well looked after. Service level in all departments fully met our expectations. We expect service to be efficient, polite, welcoming but not hovering. Princess did the job right for us. We have always enjoyed the food on Princess. We used the buffet, specialty restaurants, main dining room and patisserie. Unfortunately they were all good ( I once again ate too much!.) One thing that could be improved is the wait times for the main dining room. I think most people are now using the "any time" dining option. This has resulted in big line ups. I suggest Princess look at this. Entertainment options were plentiful on board. There were more things going on than we could possibly attend. I especially liked the discovery at sea program featuring lecturers that were truly knowledgeable in their fields. I could go for even more of this as I am a bit of a geek about knowledge. The show room entertainment was really good and varied, featuring comedy, impressionism, dancing. There was really something for everyone. One thing I appreciated in particular was the ships internet. Since our last cruise I noticed a faster, more stable internet. Thank you Princess! WE enjoyed most of the ports ( Hawaii, Oahu,Kauai, Maui), but found that Hilo didnt really have much to offer other than volcanoes. Excursions on the other islands were awesome. They were well organised, comfortable transportation and expertly guided. Embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze. Thanks to Princess the Port of Vancouver and the US and Canadian customs. We did not use the spa or gym this trip. I had injured my knee prior to the cruise and needed to give it a rest. Although we have used the spa on other cruises, we find that they are over priced and not as effective as spas at home. So we just gave them an "avarage" score. We enjoyed this cruise so much, we are seriously thinking of doing it again.

Best cruise we have taken.

Star Princess Cruise Review by jwhamlin

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Hawaii

We enjoyed this cruise so much, we are seriously thinking of doing it again.
jwhamlin’s Full Rating Summary

Cabin D221
As mentioed above we took a mini suite as it provided more space and had a balcony. It was clean and in good shape. Nice layout with two TVs
  Star Princess Deck Plans