3. Jewel of the Seas
We just did 9 nights on the Jewel. Now let me start by saying I was getting more leery as the day came, as I have been seeing the countless bad reviews for the ship. We did not have this experience. It was my wife's first cruise and it was amazing. Room 8618 didn't have anything broken, no stains and no smells. Location was fantastic and super quiet. We loved the room, a lot of space, and a great balcony that has an unobstructed view. Embark and Disembark were a breeze. A mix of Cultures from Italy, to USA to Canada ( us ). We found the passengers to be what you would expect, some are loud and annoying, some believe they deserve better because they paid!!! and some are just in the background enjoying. Such is life. Yes they took the chairs all day and yes they pouted and such... but if you are smart, walk the whole ship on the first day... TRULY walk the whole ship. You will find there are enough sun spots, chairs, refill stations, towels and places to be for everyone. Food: We had a 3 night package deal as well as the refresh package for drinks as we figured that with how much we drink, we would just buy wine by the glass or bottle. The Windjammer we found was exactly what one should expect. Basically the fast food of the ship, I realize people complain and say the food is bad or bland and there is no choice, but really... what do you expect from a cruise at the price point of Royal. Windjammer is fast food. Good for what it is. But still fast food. We ate at Giovanni's once and was delighted to have the whole place to ourselves as we sat at 8PM. The food was hearty and warm, delicious. But the showstopper of the ship by far is Izumi. We ate there 2 times and by far, it is the best on the ship. Some of the best sushi we have eaten. The service was outstanding, and the calm and quiet location was a dream. We also did Formal dining in the main dining room twice and it was to be expected. A step higher than the windjammer, but not as great as the pay to eat establishments. Staff: We agree with Everyone on here, Simona is awful. She is rarely around and just seems like she is "mailing it in". The rest of the staff were amazing, attentive and went above and beyond for us. A great relief after travelling 17 hours from Canada, to be treated so well. Entertainment: Again, you have to realize where you are and what ship it is. No kidding you are not going see ADELE sing. EXPECT the RC dancers and singers to be the quality you would expect. The headliners on our ship we saw 3 of them. Martin Brock, a magician was fantastic, Singer Claire Vinkesteijn did cover songs which is always bad. BUT! she turned the show around near the middle and ended fantastically. We really enjoyed her set. the other show we saw was a motown revival and they were decent. The art auction was dire, you can check out the dealers online and see how many bad reviews they have gotten. Enough said. They just felt "scammy" and after a bit of searching I see that a lot of people who didn't buy and DID buy, think so as well. All in all we had a great time, great ports, great people. It was my wife's first time as I have said, and I was hoping she loved cruising as much as I do. She now does.

Jewel of the Seas is great ship for the price. Good and bad. Mostly good.

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by ChrisMak

ChrisMak’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

Room 8618 didn't have anything broken, no stains and no smells. Location was fantastic and super quiet. We loved the room, a lot of space, and a great balcony that has an unobstructed view. The issues people have with rooms ( as you can see if you start to read through them ) are not in this room.
  Jewel of the Seas Deck Plans