3. Carnival Miracle
First up, the safety briefing on deck. We were herded like cattle onto the sunny side of the deck in 100 degree heat where we waited for 30 minutes to have a recorded announcement played which we could not hear hear due to the complaining that everyone was doing so the whole charade was pointless. We had 2 people pass out on our part of the deck from the heat. We were told this briefing was necessary for our 'safety'. As there was no seating, I had to endure the whole experience standing up, which aggravated my back injury resulting in me spending the next 7 days on pain killers (thank you Carnival, a cruise to remember). Whilst standing like sardines on the deck, some people were coughing in a not too healthy way. By day 2, our entire group were now experiencing the cough which lasted weeks beyond the cruise. Who would have thought that herding people into a confined area and having sick people cough over them could cause healthy people to get sick. (thank you Carnival, a cruise to remember). As a non-smoker who is sensitive to smoke, I avoid smoking areas. This was very hard on this ship as there were no signs indicating where the smoking areas were. I was only aware of them after I had walked into the smoke. I had to then memorize which areas were for smoking to avoid them in future. Due to the lack of signage, smokers were also confused about where to smoke and some decided that anywhere on the open deck was acceptable, which meant that the chance of me getting a breath of 'fresh' air on the decks was minimal. (thank you Carnival, a cruise to remember). It would take on average, about 30 minutes gather enough food for a meal. You need to line up at each of the serving stations to add a portion of food onto the plate before moving on to another line to add something else. The food was mediocre at best and lacked the fresh quality. Scrambled eggs were not fresh and had a very dry powdery taste. Toast was pre-toasted, hard and cold. Waffles were pre-packaged type stored in warmer and hard as a rock. Juices were more water than juice. I love hot dogs but could not even swallow one bit of the ones being served. Had some fries but they were a bit oily, so decided to add some salt. Not a salt shaker to be found. Asked a waitperson who advised they have been packed away and proceeded to retrieve one for me, this is at 1pm. Whilst sitting at the table, 7 other people came up to borrow the salt. (thank you Carnival, a cruise to remember). Trying to get a drink was a challenge in itself. Had to was past a few closed bars to find an open one. Then had to line up for up to 30 minutes to get served, average was 15 minutes at most bars. Many bars only had 1 bartender. If I wanted a drink before a show, I had to factor in the extra 30 minutes. If I waited to get one in the show, it was hit or miss if I was able to get served. They had 2 waitstaff running around taking orders for the many hundreds of people in the theatre. Severely understaffed. When you did eventually get a soda, it was a warm soda poured over a full glass of ice. It meant that you could either drink it warm to have the full taste or wait for the ice to melt to have a cool watered down drink (thank you Carnival, a cruise to remember). Time to hit the casino. Great idea but as this is allocated as a smoking area, I was unable to utilize the casino. I could have utilized a non smoking area but unfortunately the laws of physics won out as smoke continues to drift around the casino. In my brief moment there, I noticed a few people just there to smoke, not actually gambling. I guess Carnival value the smokers more than the money of non-smokers. Please note, I understand that smokers have a need to smoke, but I also have a need for fresh air (hyper sensitive to smoke) and think that Carnival need to clearly define their policy on smoking and provide signage so that passengers (smokers and non-smokers) know what they are in for. (thank you Carnival, a cruise to remember). Did I enjoy the cruise? Yes, I don't let little things stop me from having a good time. Would I cruise again ? Yes, I have cruised before and know how great they can be. Would I cruise with Carnival again ? No, thank you Carnival for a cruise I will not forget.

Last cruise with Carnival

Ages 16+
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E
Cosy with 4 but only need it for sleeping.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins