3. Star Princess
Vancouver is easily accessible from our hometown of Kelowna, B.C. Better than having to travel to Ft. Lauderdale as we did for our last cruise. I found the cruise generally boring, however, my wife found it better than that. I guess I'm not old enough yet (we're 68). We don't have a walker or a wheelchair and don't wobble when we walk. I'm not entertained by playing kids games like flying paper airplanes, bean bag toss, etc. Those game hosts are annoying. Unfortunately, I found very few interesting lectures to attend. I went to two on photography. In the one we (20 or so people) gathered on the Deck 7 promenade (partially blocking the path of walkers) then we went inside a lounge area for the remainder of the lecture. There was a dance class going on there and we could not hear our instructor speaking. Terrible planning there!!! I went to a presentation in the Princess Theatre. The sound kept quitting. Unprofessional. I had trouble finding a quiet place on the ship to read. I always carried ear plugs with me. The only place I that there was a hope of any quietness was in the StarGate??? Lounge. But then the trivia games would start. Or they'd kick you out if you didn't buy a drink. We heard entertainment in various venues. Some was better than others, but none of it was that great. We went to two performances in the Princess Theatre - "The British Invasion". That was okay, but second-rate singing. Then, we went to "Born to Dance". Broadway musical sining and dancing. I think some people liked it, but I'm not into singing and dancing (especially songs I don't even know). If I saw it on TV I would have changed the channel. In the Horizon Court, after being seated at a table for 10 in shared dining, once we waited for 1 hour and 35 minutes before the dinner was finally served. We were the third couple to leave before the desert menu even arrived. I love soup, but never had a tasty bowl of soup during the whole trip. And, in the Horizon Court, the soup was always just luke warm. Especially the breakfast in Horizon Court buffet, the eggs and pancakes were always STONE COLD but the time you get back to the table with them. The reserved dining was much hotter, but not as good of a selection. rincess Optional Tours are extremely overpriced so we didn't take any. We googled before we left (because Princess will never tell you) and found nice beaches, shopping and other things to do close to each port (and economical ways to access them). We enjoyed River Cruising in Europe and Asia with AMA Waterways, but this cruise was a long way from an experience like that. It will likely be a long time before we book another ocean cruise.

For me, rather boring. My wife liked it a little better.

Star Princess Cruise Review by JamesGames

• Sail Date: September 2016
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Interior

JamesGames’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB B-217
Very good. No complaints. Didn't need a window. Nothing to see anyways. 11th floor location was good because that floor runs the length of the ship allowing us to quickly travel down that floor to the specific part of the ship that we wanted to access and then take an elevator either up or down from there.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins