3. Norwegian Gem
I love travelling with NCL, and am confident they will do their best to change any negative experience I may have while sailing. The officers on this ship are beyone excellent. They engage personally with passengers, go out of their way to say hello, to reconnect, during the cruise, and to offer, honestly, any help to passengers. The captain is a talented musician, and very likable gentleman. The head of food and beverage, my saviour. All I needed to do was point out a deficit one time, and he took care of it for the rest of the cruise. Without his intervention, I would not have enjoyed my cruise. I am thankful the officers on this ship have the authority to make decisions resulting in the positive experience of their passengers. The casino wait staff was so fun. I felt like they looked after me, and got to know me quickly. They memorize your name and what you drink in the blink of an eye. Very impressive. Shout out to Mary Ann and Allan on the Gem! Not too crazy about some of the casino hosts. Some were dismissive or uninformed. As for the major inconvenience, I wonder if it can be avoided. It took hours for the LATE immigration people to board the ship and get passengers through their inquiries. The process would have been faster off the ship, because not everyone leaves at the same time. It works well anywhere else. It was extremely uncomfortable and slow, all for a colored sticker on our ID/ship cards. Really? Perhaps the immigration people could get on the night before, and do a check over a period of time for the passengers. Why they have to board at all is a mystery to me. That being said, I'm always happy to oblige with security and safety measures, but it seemed like the old days, when waiting to get off the ships took forever. Also, I was wondering if we could be given an option of our perks: strawberries, wine, etc. that will be delivered. All seem to arrive at once, and I'm not even a huge fan of their wine or the chocolate strawberries. I would love to choose what and when the deliveries might be. Additionally, NCL would benefit from giving Platinum members some kind of Platinum Plus status, so as to distinguish those who keep sailing feeling as though they are not being overlooked as continuous benefits are given to young families, such as children sailing for free. After all, I've been with NCL for over 30 years. I addressed my opinions about this directly with NCL in the post cruise comment. Hopefully, they will agree with me. Finally, I was glad to see an improved, albeit with upcharged menu items in the main dining room. I would continue to monitor the enormous waste that occurs in the Garden Cafe, limit the choices, and have the counter people serve so as to reduce kids touching the serving ware, the passengers from doing the same, all spreading germs and probably illnesses. Kids actually put food on their plates, change their minds, and put back on the serving dishes. As a former teacher, I have to say, "Not such a great ideal." It did seem that the ridiculous amounts of options once offered has been reined in, and that's a positive thing. Everyone would appreciate more every day kinds of options, especially in the Garden Cafe, to reduce costs, and to bring back Lobster night (one per person) for goodness sakes! That's why we were all drawn to cruising in the first place, for the special gift of dining it provided. And whatever happened to Baked Alaska??????? Seriously, bring both back. I would cruise more often! It was a great cruise, made excellent, thanks primarily to the officers and their flexibility on this ship. THANKS, Platinum Cruise Muse 32 plus years of cruising!!!!!

Platinum Cruise Muse Writes Again!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by readingtricks

Platinum Cruise Muse 32 plus years of cruising!!!!!
readingtricks’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Inside
Cabin IC 9065
Well, Raffie did a great job, lots of towel animals. The only complaint was that I never saw a triangle at the end of the bathroom tissue, but that's okay. Really, he was very good.Still too much furniture to navigate around since we took an inside room this time. Always spruced up, lots of ice, but too much stuff in refrigerator. Couldn't we just have a few items, not have it jammed packed. I couldn't even put my strawberries in it.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins