3. Grand Princess
We have been to Alaska two times before on Princess, so naturally we went with Princess again. Always a good choice. Weather was not bad at all for Alaska in Sept. We had a few light showers and the temps midday were around 60 most of the time, just as expected. In Juneau we had nice warm weather and I played golf at Mendenhall Golf Course in a Tee shirt and sandals. So, with proper packing and good selection for layering in the ports all was good. The crew on this ship was outstanding in all respects. We had no problems with any of them and they really respond when you can reply to their hello in their own language. It does not take much learning to do this one simple thing. The ship is showing a little aging but everything functioned fine. We still like the cabin set up more on Princess than the other lines we have sailed on. Not having doors on the closets makes it so much easier to access items and move around when dressing. Entertainment was very good, the comedians had me almost crying and the magician/mentalist was very good. As usual there were so many things going on during the day and it was hard to make a choice of what to do at any given time. I love to participate in all the contests and trivia plus find time to go to most of the lectures and see the entertainment in the Piazza. I did have to pass on one of my shore excursions due to illness, having a slight cold and going snorkeling in Ketchikan did not seem like a good idea to me. This was the one thing I was really looking forward to, even purchased more items for my GoPro while on board so I could get better video of the sea life. Oh well, life happens. Our Princess Transfer from the ship to the A/P was way too easy. This we have done before in several ports and it has always been very easy and straight forward. I have to say that U.S. Customs in S.F. has vastly improved and was easy to go through. All five in our group thoroughly enjoyed this cruise and have no complaints at all about service, food, condition of an 18 year old ship, entertainment options, tours or anything.

Grand time on the Grand

Holomoku’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE C230
Cabin was our choice, for location, balcony type. We have traveled so much on Princess that we now know exactly what we want in a cabin. When compared to cabins on other lines we like the layout of Princess. The only thing I would change would be the size of the shower to allow for a foot platform for washing the legs and feet more easily.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins