3. Enchantment of the Seas
Fantastic first cruise in spite of Hurricane Matthew and the problems it caused! Royal changed the itinerary from Bahamas to Cozumel to avoid the hurricane. Then the airline canceled the flight home. Fortunately I had booked the flight thru Royal. They set up our return flight for the next morning and booked and covered a room at YVE hotel for the night. I did have to call and make sure we had transportation to the airport. They made sure transportation would take us to the airport. (YVE doesn't have a shuttle to the airport) The Enchantment of the Sea is small compared to the Oasis and Quantum class ships. A lot of the activities were held in the Centrum, from the Zumba classes to 70's music to game show adaptations. I was afraid our stateroom would be cramped but it wasn't. I considered it to be comfortable with lots of space for clothes and miscellaneous items. I loved being able to look out the window (ocean view) and see the waves and sun setting. The curtains were dark enough that even during the day you could sleep (nap) with no problem. The dining was delicious! Our waiter (Clinton) in My Fair Lady (MDR) was great! Asked about the courses he was knowledgeable and offered opinions when asked. I took his recommendations and was never sorry. We did eat in the Windjammer for lunch and one dinner. I didn't enjoy it very much it was so crowded. The food was good but finding a table was such a hassle. I think that hurricane Matthew had something to do with that as we would normally have been in a port at lunch time. Would I go again... Yes... Already booked! Same ship, original itinerary. Hopefully no more hurricanes!

First Cruise in Spite of Hurricane Matthew!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Mae Thunder

• Sail Date: October 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

Mae Thunder’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

The cabin was clean and comfortable. Having a window was great. The beds were comfortable. We asked for an extra pillow and our cabin steward brought 3 extra.
  Enchantment of the Seas Deck Plans