Ventura Cruise Review

Ventura Cruise Review by 9Beeches

• Sail Date: Sep 2016
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower

My husband and I have recently returned from a cruise to the Canary Isles and are bitterly disappointed. We chose a deluxe balcony cabin but the bed was extremely hard which caused me back problems and the pillows were rock hard which gave my husband a painful neck. The food in the restaurant was very poor with some many people aboard the meals were plated up and by the time they reached the diners the food was luke warm The first evening my husband ordered a skate wing which when it arrived was the size of the palm of my hand, grey in colour and smelt terrible. I feel sorry for the waiters who have to take the backlash for the poor standard of food being served. Out of 12 dinners my husband, myself and two friends only enjoyed four meals. Again, breakfasts in the dining rooms are a waste of time but must admit they are much better in the buffet as was the lunch food. The first black tie evening was the captains night but on a table near to ours two men went back to their room and changed into tee-shirt and tracksuit bottoms. The internet was very expensive and if you wanted to be able to send emails it would costs £12.95 per 24 hours. When the ship docked in most cases it was necessary to get a coach shuttle into the town and there was a charge of £4.00 per person each way. In La Palma there was only one coach, which was free, but only seemed to run every half hour. When the elderly passengers wanted to get back to the ship they were waiting in the hot sunshine for half an hour. We having waited for 25 minutes decided to walk and we stil got back before the coach. When you ordered a drink in the evening it took ages to arrive because the staff waited to fill a tray for other passengers before they brought the drinks to you. The entertainment was good and the service was extremely good from the cabin steward and waiters in the dining room.

We and my friends have travelled with P & O on several occasions but none of us will be travelling with them again as it is no better than a holiday camp at sea and making as much money as they can without consideration to the passengers who used to enjoy the elegance, good food and relaxation of a cruise.

9Beeches's Full Rating Summary

Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin AD D605

Cabin was very nice but the bed and pillows were much too hard

9Beeches