3. Norwegian Epic
Firstly we did not do enough research when booking this cruise , and if we had I would not be writing this review now. We were very naïve , but we had only been on one cruise before and we wanted to try a larger ship .The embarkation was very swift and within 30 minutes we were in our cabin. But It was only when we had to throw away our water bottles before we got on the ship we did question ourselves. We had chosen a cabin with a balcony , thank goodness, the room was comfortable with plenty of space for your clothes and other bits and bobs. The next day was a day at sea, I felt at times that I was in the centre of football crowd .(Thank god for our balcony) . We checked out the trips and could not believe the prices , a day trip to Rome or Florence was an astounding $255.00 per person , So for 2 trips for both of us it would have been approx. £900.00 !!. We decided to do our own thing on principle . A bottle of water $6.95 , a small box of quality street $24.00 ....need I say more. I did ask if we could just take the coach into Florence and not to do the tour and it was $130.00 each . It was complete highway robbery . We used only the restaurants that we did not have to pay extra for , we had paid once why pay again . I felt The food was better at the beginning of the week than it was towards the end We chose the all inclusive drinks package , so pleased we did. .We never ever had to fight for a sunbed, there were always plenty . When we disembarked we were told we had to be off the ship by 7.00 am. our flight was 1.10 pm. We were at the airport before 8.00 am so it was a very long wait. It felt as though it was a case of " we've had your dough, now off you go ". People we spoke to at the airport all said the same as we did . They could afford the prices but it was the principle involved The ship was fine , the staff friendly, food was o.k , but it was spoilt by the exorbitant prices for everything . Therefore we will never use NCL again.

Not so EPIC. THE ONLY THING EPIC WAS THE PRICES

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by tomsgirl66

.We never ever had to fight for a sunbed, there were always plenty .

tomsgirl66’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD 9145
Cabin was o.k , but a very weird toilet and shower set up .
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins