3. Viking Vili
For my Mother and I this was our first river cruise. We traveled on the Villi from Budapest to Amsterdam. We so enjoyed our trip. The staff on the boat were very nice and helpful. The food was great. The ports and tours all were fun. I was probably one of the youngest on the ship being in my mid 50's. The second we arrived at the ship the wonderful service started. The staff took our luggage and we had lunch and explored the ship as we waited for our cabin. The cabin was small as expected but had enough space for all our things. The cabin was very clean and nicely appointed. There was enough closet space with shelves and drawers to keep all our things organized. The bathrooms heated floors were a nice touch. The food on the ship was fabulous! Every meal had so many choices. There were also choices of where to eat. In the front of the ship was a small informal dining area that you could get all your meals at. This was nice if we wanted to sit outside to enjoy the weather, or just see the country side as we were going by. The main dining room was large and you could pick where to sit. Big windows on both sides of the dinning room made it nice to see out. The food was very good with lots of choices.The wait staff were very accommodating and extremely efficient. We enjoyed the ports and excursions. Every evening there was an itinerary for the next day waiting for us on our beds. For our excursions we were broken up into smaller groups...about 10-12 and assigned a guide. We had audio boxes with ear buds so we could all hear the guides. This was very nice because we could look around while the guide was speaking. The local guides we had were very knowledgeable and easy to understand. A couple of times in the beginning we weren't sure of the time or place to meet back up to get back on the ship, but this was better as the cruise went on. I loved the sun deck (on top), however it was closed a good portion of the trip because of low bridges. This cruise is geared toward less active people. I did find time at some ports to get out and run. Disembarkation went very smoothly. The staff had everything very organized. I would recommend this Trip. The length of the cruise was nice I think a week would be too short. Overall a great experience and can't wait to go on another Viking river cruise and see another part of the world.

Beautiful way to see Europe

Viking Vili Cruise Review by jmedaglia

• Sail Date: April 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Disembarkation went very smoothly. The staff had everything very organized.

jmedaglia’s Full Rating Summary