• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

King Decebulas see along the white cliffs of the Iron Gate region,
Fabulous food fare.
Belogradchik rock formations
The little Church of the Nativity in Arbanassi, Bulgaria, built in 16th and

We had taken the Romantic Danube Cruise in 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed it. An offer came in the mail about this particular cruise that included hotel time in Budapest and also in Bucharest with air. Budapest had captured our hearts in 2014, so we couldn't pass this one up. Budapest was as enchanting as before. The hotel, Sofitel, I believe, was wonderful. We had a beautiful view of the Chain Bridge and Fisherman's Bastion from our room. The Viking Vili was just across the street and boarding couldn't have been more pleasant. After arriving in Kalocsa, we were treated to an astounding display of horsemanship at a local farm. Hungary has become one of my favorite countries. Our visit to Osijek, Croatia began with a home visit. I was not eager to go traipsing into someone's home, but the young man and his family were so charming and welcoming, that I soon lost my trepidation. The Serbian capital of Belgrade was beautiful and I enjoyed the Kalemegdan Fortress immensely. Cruising through the Iron Gate a pleasant and lovely way to spend the day. The excursion to the Belogradchik rocks made me feel like I was in a fairy tale...amazing.

Just as enjoyable were the ruins of the Tsarevets Fortress and the gorgeous interior of the little church in Arbanassi. Our hotel in Bucharest, The Hilton, was luxurious and the location was perfect for venturing our on our own. The service aboard the Vili was without a fault, just as it was when we cruised on the Eistla. We look forward to the same top-notch crew when we cruise on the Kadlin in the spring.

Veranda Superior

Cabin A

Our cabin was perfect. From the spacious storage, the comfortable bed, to the view from the veranda, we could not have been more pleased.

previous reviewnext review