3. Viking Star
Definitely the trip of a lifetime. Ours was an ocean cruise going to eight countries on the Baltic Sea. had always wanted to go to the Scandinavian countries and Germany. My grandparents were from Denmark, and we'd had foreign exchange students from Sweden. I spoke German, but had never been there. The ports were wonderful. My only disappointment was Berlin. The tour guide gave us 20 minutes to shop in an area where I didn't see any shops. Most of the shore excursions were wonderful. Again, Berlin was disappointing. Norway, Denmark, and Sweden were the best. Got to spend time with one of my exchange students in Stockholm. Talinn, Estonia, blew us away. We didn't really know why we were going there, but it was fantastic. Also very much enjoyed St. Petersburg, but our time there was shortened due to weather. With people from different countries on the cruise, you could definitely see the difference between different nationalities. The Aussies appeared to have the most fun. Entertainment was quite good most of the time, especially the singers and actors/actresses. The two dancers were not as good. Service at meals was spotty when it came to beverages. You would either be deluged by people trying to give you wine, or you would be totally ignored when all you wanted was water. Choice of meals was good, and the service for the food itself was much better. Dessert was to die for. First time I'd had creme brulee. If you wanted the Silver Spirits package, everyone in the room had to pay for one. I understand the reasoning, but my husband drinks, and I don't, so it was too expensive. I now would like to go on one of the river cruises in Germany or Austria, the sooner the better.

The Trip of Our Lifetime

Viking Star Cruise Review by meandonnajean

• Sail Date: June 2016
  • Destination: Europe

meandonnajean’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Cabin was beautiful. Comfortable bed you could watch the scenery from. Nice balcony. Bathroom was so nice I would like one like it at home. Watched a few good movies on TV, but the TV shows were dismal and wouldn't come in much of the time. Internet service was very spotty. My iPad didn't work most of the time I was gone.