3. Viking Atla
It was a nice clean ship. Plenty of open, comfortable areas to relax while on the ship. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. Overall they gave incredible service. Clear information given on activities and times for each day, with added tips for preparing for weather or difficulty on each day's excursions. We were traveling with a wheelchair, which didn't get transferred with one of our flights. The Concierge was wonderful about keeping us updated on the status as he worked with the airline to get it caught up with the ship. I would have preferred more time sailing during the day to enjoy the sites from the river. Having a veranda wasn't much use the multiple times we were stacked with other ships when docked. If I do another river cruise, I would probably not spend the money to have one of those rooms. I wanted to sit out and enjoy the views of the river and shore, not another ship. The meals were a wonderful mix of selections. The included excursions were great to get a taste of each city. Most of the city guides were enjoyable, besides being informative. I would and have recommended a cruise with Viking to others.

August on the Danube

suser35’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Atla price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 307
Well laid out for the limited space. Having a veranda wasn't much use the multiple times we were stacked with other ships when docked. If I do another river cruise, I would probably not spend the money to have one of those rooms.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins