• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
At the Acropolis
Running on the original track in Ancient Olympia
Enjoying my morning coffee on my private deck
Waiting to disembark from Rome
Ephesus was quite unexpected!
We had great weather in the middle of October 2015. Here we are in Ancient

We chose Royal Caribbean (RC) Line because I find this line to be a little more organized than the few others I have experienced. We wanted to visit Athens and some Greek Islands, specifically, I wanted to go to Crete. Which was not disappointing. I had to book an on shore adventure through an outside vendor on my own but they were very accommodating and it was well worth the effort. Santorini was the only disappointment because the locals were EXTREMELY rude, we had 3 different incidents. Ephesus was spectacular and so was Ancient Olympia!

We do not go in for the fancy dress events and chose open dining,besides not wanting to pack additional garb or have an additional expense to rent outfits for these events. The crew was very nice about this and didn't seem like they minded at all.

Overall it was quite a memorable trip and now we are planning an "around the world" cruise after we retire in a few years. I cannot wait!

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D1

I was expecting our balcony stateroom to be a little bit bigger from my experience on another RC ship and this took a little adjusting. However, we were on the back of the boat and had a very large balcony which accommodated naps after our excursions on the loungers, coffee and tea, breakfast, snacks, etc. at the table while enjoying the views.

Port Reviews