3. Marella Celebration
We chose this cruise because my partner had been on this ship with Thomsons before and really liked it. Embarkation went ok apart from being asked to fill in a health questionnaire on the bus but none of us knew what they were talking about. Hence, it got a bit chaotic for a short period. Not being a great cruise traveller I was rather hesitant but the size of the ship was perfect for me - not too small and not too big to be unfriendly. It was cleaner than many hotels I had stayed in and the staff were always very friendly and willing to help. The cabins were a bit stuffy and the air conditioning was non-existent, but very clean and serviced to a high standard throughout the day. Food was okay but very variable depending upon where you were. The Lido self-service restaurant was expansive but a bit repetitive after a few days. Hence, we went to The Meridien which was beautiful and the food was served to a high standard and the menu contained something to please everyone I would think. The entertainment was amazing and I was in awe of the staff involved. They work so hard and truly do integrate with the passengers which is easier on a ship of this size. The shows put on were at a highly professional standard and never failed to entertain their audience. The shops were rather dismal I felt and very limited in what they sold. Rather pricey and only sold high end items and not everyday things which people needed. Just felt the shops could have been a bit more imaginative. Excursions were well organised and appealed to what I imagine most people would expect from Thomsons. Cannot fault them at all as far as these were concerned.

The perfect size of ship to start off your cruise experience, with staff to match.

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by sandraforbes

sandraforbes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Celebration price drops

The cabin was very clean indeed and the staff came in several times throughout the day to empty bins and generally tidy. At night they put chocolates on the bed and, on one occasion, we had our towels folded into a swan and placed on the bed! The only fault I would cite was the temperature. It was very stuffy and the air conditioned which they advertise did not really do anything with the fan output being pretty non-existent. I would say the size of the cabin was perfectly adequate with plenty of room to hang up clothes - in fact more room, and clothes hangers, than many hotels.
  Marella Celebration Deck Plans